Used 2005 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Serves many different needs comfortably
By Vince

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our second Volvo and we've been pleased with both. More nimble handling than expected with the 17" wheels, lots of cargo space, comfortable to sit in and drive. I'm 6'4" and don't feel cramped. Great car for the children with integrated booster seats and third seat. Good fuel mileage -- average 27.5 combining highway, city, over hill and dale. Mechanically very sound. When started, engine revs to about 1500 rpm for about 10 seconds before decreasing to normal idle of about 700 rpm -- told this was to warm engine faster to improve emissions.

I'm happy with it.
By Skredberry

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

First volvo for our family. After EXTENSIVE searching , we landed on the Volvo v70 non-turbo, specifically for gas mileage and not having to use 93 octane. I can get about 400 miles to a tank, so on top of great mileage, I go long time between fill ups. We bought after having a baby and the stadium seating is great for a car seat to see out the window. My husband is 6' and has some difficulty getting comfortable in the driver's position (the s40 we had for a loaner was roomier, he said). I've been very comfortable driving it and it has nice pickup. I didn't give a 10 for performance because after going from a VWGolf this is not as easy to handle. Good car for antiSUV ppl.

Roomy! love the ipod hookup we added. Integrated boosters are great. LOVE the automatic wipers. Memory seats are wonderful since the mirrors also move. Also like that its large enough that people get out of your way. Did very well in snow so far.

Make the laminated glass STANDARD. Improve Ipod hkup for navigation. If u have booster seats, the backup radar should be part of option package because kids are the obvious reason for both. Control of cd on wheel needs more functionality. The base whls are a pain to clean. 2nd sunroof opt.

My First Volvo Wagon
By Kyang

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My Volvo V70 2.5T was delivered with two weatherstrips deformed and a noisy V- belt. They all gor fixed under warranty. The engine vibration is felt at idle and under accelaration. I think it is common for 5 cylinder engine (the Audi 5000 has the similar vibration). Once the engine is at cruising speed (~2000 rpm), it is quiet. The dealer service is excellence. It probably will be expensive after the warranty expires. The only anoying thing is the idle time before shut down the engine after a long drive (to prolong the turbo charger's life).

Safety, comfort, roomy, performance. It is built for the needs of family with kids.

I wish the inline six is available (non-turbo).

A truly great car!!!
By Davek

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Volvo. We had over a quarter of a million miles on our 1st Volvo (270,000 miles) and it ran perfectly when we sold it. We drove our 2nd Volvo over 18 years. When we traded it in on this 2005 model, the older Volvo ran just as well as the day we drove it off of the showroom floor 18 years ago. This new 2005 V70 is the best of the 3. It's a stylish wagon with lots of power (much more than we've had in the past). It handles superbly. Exceptional fuel mileage (34mpg highway) and just has a very solid feel to it when you drive it. We especially like the smooth ride. Our children like the extra room and comfort of the rear seat area.

It's an extremely comfortable car for driver and passengers. You really notice this on a long trip. The whole family arrives at the destination in better shape than other cars. Also, the functionality of the car is well thought out so that it's an exceptionally easy car to drive.

DON'T CHANGE A THING!!! I think Volvo has an exceptional car here, even better than their previous classics (like the old 240). Don't tinker with a winner, this is a good as it gets.

LIKE MY V70 204
By dan

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My V70 is actually a nonturbo automatic. My mileage is 30 highyway and 20 city. This is an excellent car. When you first start it up, it revs to 2,000 rpm and within a few seconds drops to around 700 +/-. Dealer said should be that way. Had a 98 V70 XC before and only had minor stuff. I traded down this time to V70 becasue of price and looks. Bought it for safety, best seats in the market place, heated seats,dual air controls, and highly rated reliabiltiy in consumer reports. Holds the road nicely. BTW, my wife has hit in the back by a big pick up. Smased truck front and radiator, it had to be towed. No injury to my wife, drove it home. No glass breakage, bumpers & shock system did job.

Seats, safety, dual air controls, heated seats.

Put grocery bag holders in all wagons. More colors to choose from.