2005 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
2005 V70R is junk!!!
By mike_c70 on 03/23/05 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I picked up this 05 V70R after lemoning my 2004 S60R. Upon delivery of the vehicle, within 1/2 mile leaving the dealership, the car made this awful clunking and squeaking noise in the front suspension. I drove back to the dealer and they inspected it. They said that one of the springs in the front suspension came out of its seat. Furthermore, headlights were pointed straight down making them useless for night driving. Went back the next day to get the headlights re-aimed, said it was done. Guess what? Still pointing straight down. Furthermore, the clunking and squeaking in the front suspension came back. The car has been to the service dept in 2 of the 3 days of ownership. Do not buy a Volvo

Volvo V70 T5
By DWallace on 03/21/05 18:38 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Excellent all rounder. I do a lot of freeway miles and this car makes the trips pleasureable. It has a lot of power which is useful when joining the freeway or overtaking. It has a very comfortable driving position and feels rock solid on the road. And believe it or not, it's fun to drive. On an open road the performance of this car is quite surprising.

Amazing car !
By Harry Garschagen on 03/11/05 12:48 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After trading in my 1998 V70 T5 with 140,000 miles on the odometer, I bought a 2005 V70R. Performance and handling are simply phenomenal, allowing you to drive at speeds and under conditions normally reserved for high-end sportscars. Build quality is excellent and all controls, switches and gauges are logical and functional.

New Volvo Wagon
By V70 Fan on 02/21/05 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This replaces out 1991 240 wagon with 230k miles on it, purchased new. What a difference, yet not a surprise with the detail and quality. In a nutshell, I feel safe and secure. Average milage 26.5 mpg to date. Comfortable, elegant, and well designed, though it may take getting use to all the features. Study the manual first to know about the purpose and layout. Then appreciate the details.

the ultimate in stealth high performance
By micron26 on 02/03/05 01:32 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

It's incredibly versatile with ample space and the 4C suspension setup, and has tremendous performance in third and fourth gear. Lag is noticeable at low RPM, particularly in first and second gear, but very few cars of any stripe can stay with this one once it gets going. It also boasts the best (support, comfort) seats I've ever sat in (my wife concurs), and has a pleasing design inside and out. Many a BMV/MB/Audi have watched my back end disappear in the distance, and the shocked looks from SUV drivers expecting to blow my slow Volvo wagon off the road remain priceless. Also has a great NAV system and shifter. All of this refers to the MT: beware the AT (GT), it's much slower.

First Impressions
By kamala95 on 01/04/05 09:36 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I only have 300 miles on my 2004 V70 2.4. Thus far I have no complaints. I only gave this car 9 points in my review, as I am not not comfortable giving anything 10's the whole way through. This is a much better vehicle than I had expected. Even the base engine (auto tranny BTW), handles very well for us. Carrying 5 people, it seems to move pretty well too. I have not had any problems with acceleration. The V70's fit and finish are top notch. The climate control and air filtration system work superbly. There seems to be more rear passenger room than we had in our 1999 Ford Explorer, with comparable usable cargo area. While shopping for this model, we also looked at the Dodge Magnum and Volkswagen Passat Wagon TDI seriously, and I have no regrets. This is a very well put together vehicle.

AWESOME!!
By JHWinick on 12/16/04 00:50 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

A perfect "no compromise" compromise. For those that need the features of a station wagon, but really desire the sportiness of a two-seater - this is the ticket. High performance, high comfort and high utility. An awesome automobile.

3rd V70 in seven years.
By patrick sombsthay on 12/15/04 21:21 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my third V70. It is a superb machine a lot more stylish than any minivan or SUV that eveyone is driving today. Superb ergonomics , beautiful lines , a lot of cargo room . THe wagon surprisingly is more economical than my Audi A4 sedan. I recommend it highly .

Volvo V70 -- the "alternative" SUV
By Tony on 12/15/04 17:31 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second V70. The first was a V70XC (Cross Country). The V70R, also an AWD vehicle, offers the best of all worlds. First it handles better than a car with its adjustable, computer- controlled chassis. It gets great gas mileage -- imagine a 5-cylinder engine (cheap to drive) that will crank out 300 horses when you want to have fun. Finally imagine the traction and versatility of an SUV in a luxury car that is loaded with safety features. As long as Volvo remains Volvo and doesn't morph into a Ford Country Squire, I'll be behind the wheel of a V70 indefinitely. Did I mention 300hp on an AWD wagon?

great car
By volvolover2 on 12/01/04 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

this is a great car. the rear leg room is a little short but it is pretty accomodating