2005 Volvo V70 2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Better than I thought it

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Better than I thought it would be
By D. Sensing on

2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my car with 93K miles on it from a friend and have put several K miles on it since. The most outstanding feature? Gas mileage! I get 36-plus on the i'state and 29 combined using prem. gas, not so much with regular. The wagon is a great hauler and the reason we bought the car. Very useful cargo space and rear seats fold very easily. Don't mind not having turbo motor; the standard engine has enough power for our needs. All in all an outstanding auto, especially for the price I paid, trade-in value!

Favorite Features

Very confortable seats - Volvo's strong suit. Automatic wipers. Outstanding standard radio. Memory seats, a must with 3 drivers in the fam. Loads of headroom. Steering wheel size and thickness is just right. Low insurance costs (due to great safety, no doubt). Fuel economy!

Suggested Improvements

Back seat leg room is tight. Trip computer is worthless, very inaccurate, esp. in mpg calculations. Brake and gas pedals are too close together.