2005 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
120K still drives as new and looks great a great car
By rmo3 on 10/10/11 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have my 2005 since purchased almost new as a loaner with a 2K on the odo. It is my daily driver kids to school and to work and road miles. I drive more than average abut 25K a year. There have been no major maintenance issues, I did replace a/c at 100k live in FL runs 24/7 here. I had a g tires, brakes, fluids changes and (timing belt at 105K). Dealer service can be expensive but you should follow the maintenance schedule and make sure the last owner did if you are buying high mileage. The vehicle still rock solid gets 25 MPG. Still has a top speed of 130 mph, so those SUV's might pass you with 400 hp but know this the V70 is faster than all of them they are ltd. to 110 :).

LIKE MY V70 204
By dan on 06/24/05 14:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My V70 is actually a nonturbo automatic. My mileage is 30 highyway and 20 city. This is an excellent car. When you first start it up, it revs to 2,000 rpm and within a few seconds drops to around 700 +/-. Dealer said should be that way. Had a 98 V70 XC before and only had minor stuff. I traded down this time to V70 becasue of price and looks. Bought it for safety, best seats in the market place, heated seats,dual air controls, and highly rated reliabiltiy in consumer reports. Holds the road nicely. BTW, my wife has hit in the back by a big pick up. Smased truck front and radiator, it had to be towed. No injury to my wife, drove it home. No glass breakage, bumpers & shock system did job.

Volvo V70 T5
By DWallace on 03/21/05 18:38 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Excellent all rounder. I do a lot of freeway miles and this car makes the trips pleasureable. It has a lot of power which is useful when joining the freeway or overtaking. It has a very comfortable driving position and feels rock solid on the road. And believe it or not, it's fun to drive. On an open road the performance of this car is quite surprising.

great car
By volvolover2 on 12/01/04 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

this is a great car. the rear leg room is a little short but it is pretty accomodating