2004 Volvo V70 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - There is no substitute

2004 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

R Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

There is no substitute
By JWSholtis on

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a performance wagon that had to be "red". The only comparable vehicle from my perspective is the Audi S6 Avant. The "R" is a much better value. The build quality is "outstanding". The styling is a bit understated, but there are some very unique "R" touches that make it standout. I considered Audi A6 Avant, Audi Allroad, and VW Passat W8 wagons but felt the V70R was the best in the group based on performance, cargo capacity, features, color, and overall uniqueness (500 to be built). There is no substitute... If you can track down a V70R or a dealer with a open allocation, I suggest you move quickly because there are only 499 left!

Favorite Features

Performance features in general, but more specifically 300hp, electronically adjustable suspension/transmission, cargo capacity, "safety", fit and finish, unique "R" styling.

Suggested Improvements

No significant weaknesses, but a more sporting exhaust note, separate dual exhausts, dampened opening for the cup holder lid, smoother engine, 6 speed auto, key that inserts vertically. I'd also say build more but then I'd be loosing some of the exclusivity the car brings with it...