Extremely Reliable, Extremely Safe & Fun
By MadeInJapan on
2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
This is our 3rd Volvo and I would probably rate Performance & Fun to Drive as 10's if it wasn't for also owning a S70 that has an upgraded ECU. But this V70 is just phenomenal! No repairs! It has air bags everywhere even in the pillars so curtain airbags will inflate if you're in a side impact- very safe! We like the power off the line that this car offers and nimble steering although it's a luxury car- great for tireless trips w/ the extremely comfortable seats. Upgraded to IPD swaybars & HD endlinks as well as a drop in K&N air filter. I knew these would make a difference in performance even before I bought the car...and well worth it! Also changed out the donut to a full size spare.
Favorite Features
2 FOBs programmed so when either my wife or I open the door, the seats and mirrors are reset correctly to the respective FOBs. Grocery tray in the rear. Arrive rested after driving all day- comfortable heated seats. Easy to do oil changes, transmission flush, other maintenance from forum help.
Suggested Improvements
Not much to improve on, but the cabin filter is a bit hard to get to I suppose and rear seat leg room is a bit cramped. Otherwise, it's perfect. Avoid unnecessary and expensive dealer service. Their support is less than desirable.