2004 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
OIL PRESSURE ISSUE
By cyclist57 on 12/02/14 13:23 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

There is a problem with the oil pan seals that requires attention! My 2004 v70 with 67k flashed the oil warning light twice for a second at a time and then a warning messge NO OIL PRESSURE STOP. 300 feet later I parked the car and then had it towed to the shop...started to place on tow and then to move into the garage....Result was the engine was gone! Oil level was checked after first warning light flash...full! Not real happy as I just bought the car....result is a replacement motor and the oil seals replaced before it was installed....My 2000 v70 never had seals replaced...still does not drip or burn oil at 200k....

Great Car!!
By daisykl on 02/16/12 17:56 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this as a family car. I am so happy we did! We have owned it since it was new- no problems!

Do not buy 2004 2.5T AWD V70
By csanzo on 08/03/11 16:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car was my dream car until at 103000 miles the engine simply died. It was in the shop for three months, EEC computer replaced, and another computer replaced and the flywheel was warped and replaced. Even after that - and a $3000 plus repair bill - no one could fix the car!! Any car that is not able to be repaired should never be sold!! DO NOT BUY!

Amazing Wagon!
By jadedj on 05/09/11 13:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had the six-speed version of this twin turbo 300HP behemoth for about 6 months now and love it. Although the interior isn't as luxurious as my old Audi, it does the job just fine and when considering how much faster this thing is, I'll take performance over interior any day. There truly is no other station wagon with this type of power and handling that comes in a six-speed anymore. Add in AWD and we're talking about a car that can go anywhere.

Truly a lemon
By Meadow on 08/04/10 21:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We've driven a lot of Volvos over the years, and the 2004 has the worst reliability by far. We're very disappointed that we had to replace the radiator and rack and pinion steering at 82,000 miles. These were very expensive to replace, and there's no reason that either should have failed before 100K miles. Currently the steering wheel buttons that control the stereo are frozen. The gas gauge also swings wildly from 1/3 full to empty when the vehicle is low on fuel. This car is a heap of problems.

300 hp big turns
By MiamiTVR on 06/09/10 14:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned many Volvos. The 300 hp 6 speed is what got me into this one not to mention the fun blue leather. If the clutch had not gone out before 30K and Volvo not suggested it was my fault, had the lip of the wheels not stuck out further than the tires seeking out curbs to rub on, had the front spoiler not stuck out a couple of inches too far and one too low, had the paint and leather been Volvo-like and less prone to showing every slight rub as a permanent scar, had they made head rests and door pillars and mirrors so they could be seen around and, most importantly, had they designed it to turn in less space than a cruise ship I would have rated it higher. Pretty not Volvo tough.

Simply Irresistable!
By JP on 02/02/10 18:13 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My Volvo is now 6 years old with 97,000 miles, so I decided it was time to trade for a new car. I have been car shopping for over a week, looking at Audi, Saab, Cadillac, BMW, Infiniti, Lexus etc. I have test driven over a dozen cars, each time hoping I have found "the one". But based on features, performance, MPG and most every measure I can think of, I just can't find any car that can compare with my V70R. I am really stumped, but have concluded that I already have the best vehicle for the money. It still runs great and has no rattles. So instead I just bought a new set of tires and a fresh oil change. I really do want a new car, but can't find anything that qualifies as a "move up".

Volvo for Life - 2004 V70R
By RollNR John Miller on 04/21/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a great all purpose vehicle and HIGH performance for the money. Where can you get a car that will exceed 140 mph and transport 10ft pieces of pipe inside with 4 people. The ride is as good as the road you are driving on!! You have the feel of control at all speeds. The factor of Safety was never lost with this car. This is my fifth Volvo since 1988. The wagon V70R is a sleeper on the road.

Nice Car
By Sporty Auto on 03/31/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Hard to find parts out of the dealer,part to expensive. Avoid unnecessary and expensive dealer service. Their support is less than desirable.

It's Been Fun
By RHS on 12/23/08 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Sometimes there is a bright and fun momemt when I remember what this car will do. Mostly it is used in normal service where it functions admirably. But when it has the opportunity it is a brilliant and extremely well balanced road car. I love it. My only complaint is that Volvo-Ford copped out on the interior stuff--too much plastic especially.