Used 2004 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Dead Volvo!
By Glenn S.

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my fourth Volvo. Loved them! But this one died. Maple Hill Volvo in Kalamazoo, MI had it for 5 weeks and could not fix it. No more Volvos for me!

Why Do I Want To Sell This Car ??????
By Judy Palmer

2004 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. It was purchased new from Phillips Volvo in Virginia Beach in 2004. I feel SO safe in a Volvo, especially their station wagons. We have one too many vehicles in our family and the oldest one has to go! Ouch! It was our fourth Volvo, and I also own a 2009 V70 sapphire gray Volvo (#5). I know the new owners will get as much enjoyment as I did - SAFETY is #1.

Bumpy Beauty
By donalan

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We own a 2004 V70 T2.5 AWD Wagon and we like it a lot. Plain looking on the outside but not dower. Inside the materials all look pretty good after 12 years and 188k miles. Acceleration is a strong point while handling is capable but the bumps from the road transmit jolts and noise to passengers inside - not a luxury ride. In fact its bumpier and noisier inside than most non-luxury cars. That said its not terrible just not a smooth ride.

Seats are well crafted and very comfortable. The rear leg room is limited for a family car. My kids are now in their teens and we will need a car with a bigger back seat - not fair to sentence anyone over 5'6" to a long car ride in the rear of this vehicle. We can get another 5" of rear seat leg room in a Toyota Highlander. Storage is ample and the cargo capacity is excellent for a car. We can still pack for a 2 week vacation without a roof rack.

Reliability has been pretty good for a car this age. We did have a radiator failure that leaked coolant into the transmission (and transmission fluid into the radiator) - that could have been catastrophic if we had not caught it immediately (e.g. driven it for more than a few miles in that condition). Otherwise its been struts, engine mounts, 02 sensors, brakes etc - all normal wear and tear over 12 yrs 188k mi.

Like V70 2.5T
By Rich Tebbetts

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Nice car. Got used in 2010 with 91,000 miles. For major repairs only had to replace radiator in2012. Still doing well at 122,000.

My BEST girl yet!
By Rebekkah L-Moodje

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Being a Volvo lover ( '91 240/ '91 940 SE/ '98 V70/ '04 V70 T5 - soon to be par tof the family - '06 S80 AWD T5 ) . I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my '04 V70 - she's like an under- the - radar speed machine! and feeling completely safe and in control.
I can't say nothing ill of these girls.