Used 2004 Volvo V70 R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo V70 R

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

V70R A Joy!
By RHS

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Totally enjoyable "compromise" between a functional car and a sports car. Passengers are universally compelled to comment that this is not what they expect from Volvo. They are very impressed. It looks great in a quiet way. Lots of fun.

Favorite Features

computer assisted handling and suspension with the awd makes the car a pure joy to drive on the road, esp two lane country ways in the rain!

Suggested Improvements

the interior could be upgraded with less plastic and a little more attention to creature comforts such as storage and drink holders. Hardly a serious problem.

Draginwagon
By mjs

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I used to own the 99V70R and traded it for the 2004. What a difference! Finally, volvo improved on the turbo lag, braking and handling that plagued the earlier version of the R. Athough, my 99 R was still worlds above most every sedan and every wagon on the market at the time. Love the feel of the AWD in hard cornering moving the torque from wheel to wheel through the corners! Awesome!

Favorite Features

AWD, adjustable chassis, braking. The absolute best is spanking some clown in their "sports car" with a wagon. What a laugh! especially if they are on a date with their gal.

Suggested Improvements

turning radius. compass.

Excellent Car
By KTTK

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have >8K miles on it and we love the car.

Favorite Features

Engine, acceleration, interior, excellent handling

Suggested Improvements

Visibility needs improvement - perhaps a high dynamic range camera for driver/parking assistance. Needs a slimmer keyless entry system and perhaps a gyro for more stability.

What a daily dream!!
By Raccareddie

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 2000 V70 for the v70R I had admired for some time. I have put 4K on the car and love to drive it everywhere. I need some tuner sound and I'll really be in heaven.

Favorite Features

After receiving the car I could not have been more impressed with the Performance, interior features, and overall look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the aftermarket tuner parts availble as with the BMW's/ Merecedes. What a car for the money!!!

new V70R automatic owner
By kschel

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned V70R automatic (not manual, though the web form does not allow any other designation) for a week. Gave up 2003 Passat Wagon GLS 5 speed, which I loved, to get more room so we could seat all 6 in our family. Built in booster seats are great. Very fun to drive, seats extremely comfortable. You can select different settings for suspension depending on whether you want comfort or want to race. This is a lot of car for the money. Reliability remains to be seen.

Favorite Features

Fantastic engine. AWD. Safety built in from the ground up. Superb handling. Available with 3rd row seat for those who don't want SUV or minivan. Reasonable gas mileage given the performance.

Suggested Improvements

1. Get better lights: headlights (HID) are disappointing, not as good as standard halogens. 2. Could use a little more road feel in steering (my lowly Passat wagon was better). 3. Radio unecessarily complex. 4. Turning radius of a barge.