2004 Volvo V70 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )
V70R V"R"ooooom
By Anthony Gagliano on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This Volvo is the best of all worlds. This car incorporates the world-class safety of a Volvo, the dependability and quality of a Volvo, the utility of a wagon (without bucking wind and guzzling fuel like an SUV), distinctive good looks (a Volvo is rarely mistaken for any other brand vehicle) and truly, enviromenally friendly fuel economy. But the fun begins when the twin turbo, 5 cylinder engine is fired. With 300 horses this car is a surprise to everyone...including the driver. The "active chassis" AWD adds additional opportunities for fun while increasing the overall safety of this car.

WOW
By tommypaws on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Twenty five years of driving Volvo wagons...this is the best so far.

Awesome Wagon!
By jumpnup22 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was quite surprised with how great this automobile is! I have a Saleen mustang, so I know what some performance is! My wife wanted this car, so we traded the 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser for the V70R. I am overwhelmed with how much fun this car is to drive. It is easy to load, accelerates great, stops even better, and rides like a luxury car. All this, and it gets great gas mileage. I have a feeling this one will be in the family for quite a long time! If you can find one, BUY IT!

re review
By Jim L on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I posted above in a different name and have found that I really LOVE this wagon more and more every day. Yes, I did have to do a slight mod on the seat for my back and the headlights (high beams) are still poor but overall this wagon is a blast to drive and has been 100% reliable now with nearly 5K on it. Wonderful cruiser, I make excuses to drive it, and am driving it much faster than I should be as at speed, it's just wonderful.(and very usful in all catagories) Jim

Excellence in a performacne wagon
By v70rNJ on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After 3900 miles, with summer and winter tires, car is broken in and mpg is right up there as advertised. Excellent acceleration in all 6 gears (at least below 100 mph - I haven't had it up into triple digit land). Seats are outstanding providing you don't need to lose weight, they are firmly bolstered. Sport mode 4C is excellent, comfort good for long hails on the interstates or if you have back seat passengers. Braking, overall handling dry, wet, crosswinds, all excellent.

Used Volvo
By cdona58838 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We purchased a used 2001 volvo and it has been an excellent car so far. Not only has the car been a smart purchase, but the decision to buy from this dealership was a good one as well. We have had excellent correspondence with them. I would purchase another Volvo later in life. Maybe a sedan afer the children are in college? Great Cars! Cynthia

Take a test drive u won't be sorry
By JLZ on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my old A6 Avant. This is an excellent car, Always makes you feel confindent to step on the gas. In bumper to bumper traffic you are pampered by one of the best sound systems on the market and a comfort set suspension. On the open road you can gun it, the suspension and stearing are flawless. And best of all very few people know what you got under the hood. GREAT CAR!!!!!

V70R GT
By GSHEETS on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I LIKE THE V70R VERY MUCH.THE QUALITY AND FIT -FINISH SEEMS TO BE VERY GOOD.THE ONLY COMPLAINT THAT I REALLY HAVE IS THAT VOLVO ADVERTISED THE V70R AS HAVING A BETTER PROFORMANCE RECORD THAN IT SEEM TO HAVE.A CAR THAT COST IN THE MID TO HIGH 40S AND HAS A CLAIMED 300 HP SHOULD HAVE BETTER NUMBERS.

I love this car
By Eric Nelson on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

If you can only have a single car, this is the best one to get. The only significant fault is the large turning radius, which you can learn to deal with.It is just as fast as the 540 and S6, but with the following advantages: vs 540 wagon: 540 has no manual tranny, and the V70R has a nicer/larger interior. The 540 is also miserable in the snow due to rear wheel drive, and is 20K more. vs Audi S6: no manual, smaller interior, 20K more, lousy stereo, lousy crash tests, lousy dealers/service.

Awesome!
By shrooman on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. Very very fast, excellent handling and exceptional braking power. The interior is beautifull..I got the Ti Grey and Nordkap enterior. Great dash and nightime lighting. For 42 k you get great nav system, 320watt stereo, all wheel drive, 300hp and a wagon with a great stick shift!!!! What more do you want?? I do wish it had a slightly tighter turning radius though.