2004 Volvo V70 R Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Volvo V70 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )
V70R A Joy!
By RHS on 05/02/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Totally enjoyable "compromise" between a functional car and a sports car. Passengers are universally compelled to comment that this is not what they expect from Volvo. They are very impressed. It looks great in a quiet way. Lots of fun.

Draginwagon
By mjs on 02/13/05 20:29 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I used to own the 99V70R and traded it for the 2004. What a difference! Finally, volvo improved on the turbo lag, braking and handling that plagued the earlier version of the R. Athough, my 99 R was still worlds above most every sedan and every wagon on the market at the time. Love the feel of the AWD in hard cornering moving the torque from wheel to wheel through the corners! Awesome!

Excellent Car
By KTTK on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have >8K miles on it and we love the car.

What a daily dream!!
By Raccareddie on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 2000 V70 for the v70R I had admired for some time. I have put 4K on the car and love to drive it everywhere. I need some tuner sound and I'll really be in heaven.

new V70R automatic owner
By kschel on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned V70R automatic (not manual, though the web form does not allow any other designation) for a week. Gave up 2003 Passat Wagon GLS 5 speed, which I loved, to get more room so we could seat all 6 in our family. Built in booster seats are great. Very fun to drive, seats extremely comfortable. You can select different settings for suspension depending on whether you want comfort or want to race. This is a lot of car for the money. Reliability remains to be seen.

Ultimate Sleeper Car
By SPARTACUS369 on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have to say this is the most fun to drive wagon! The best part of the car (and there are many) is the sleeper effect it has over other sports cars. Unless the sports car driver beside you knows cars, you can usually get the look of shock from said driver when they get left standing at the lights by a "family" wagon.

One of the best performance buys!
By SleeperWagon on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

One of the best performance car buys on the market. It is also one of the best cars on the market. There are not many manual-transmission wagons on the market. Great engine, great AWD and the 6-speed is one of the best I've ever used. The interior (Atacama) has gotten so many compliments I have long since lost count. The replacement for my 2001 Acura MDX was going to be this or the Infiniti FX35 and the decision really came down to exclusivity. While the FX is a phenomenal car, there are too many of them. I can count the number of Volvo Rs I've seen on two hands. It also has a great sound system and an awesome adjustable suspension!

Powerful Family Tourer
By Bon006 on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The V70R is an extremely quick and agile wagon. Combining comfort and athleticism in one package. In addition, Volvo's world renown attention to safety is unsurpassed. This car is awesome, it has world class acceleration and braking that make it hard to beat.

Nit picking
By usmcrg on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has the turning radius ofthe Queen Mary. Also there should be a warning BEFORE the purchase that winter tires are necessary, a $700 surprise. The dash clock is difficult to read in most day light hours. The door lock system does not differentaite locking from unlocking. But great handling and performance in sheep's clothing.

Fabulous!
By KB, Bethesda MD on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Leased this Silver R, automatic, in August, '03 as my '99 T5 lease was coming due, after looking at Avant Wagon, Toureg, and lots of others. Had All-Season tires put on as a condition of lease and the car is fantastic. It sticks to the road in all weather and at all speeds. Never any wheel spin -- it just digs in and goes like a bat out of hell. 15k so far and no service issues.