2004 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
I REALLY love this car
By vspady on 07/13/06 16:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Full-size comfort, sports car handling, safety to the nth degree, gorgeous at the curb and twice as beatiful accelerating from a dead stop. this car handles like a dream, is comfortable, while being nimble AND stable. really a great performance ride with maximum comfort and that great cop-proof volvo cache (yes, we really do fly below the radar). this is my 5th volvo, and far and away my favorite. fun, safe, comfortable, and gorgeous. no complaints on maintenance or ergonomics. all around a fantastic car.

3rd Volvo wagon / the best yet
By Surf SD on 01/02/06 13:03 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

3rd Volvo wagon and this is the best one yet. Sure I've had a few minor issues, but the dealer quickly repaired all. Wish I had gotten the 6 spd for the full 300 hp car is rated for, but 245hp in 1st & 2nd is still adequate and it flies on the freeway. Very comfy front seats, great stock stereo, AWD safety and I avg about 22mpg around town and 25-28mpg on trips. Very Refined car, a nicer dashboard is about the only thing I would want along with a better turning radius.

Volvo V70R a fun sleeper
By A. Hanlon on 12/22/05 23:19 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun Wagon. Quick, fast with 155 mph top end. Handles great. Functional. A great looking sleeper car. Great seats. Many a parking valet has said cool wagon, if you need a wagon this is the way to go. Automatic is not as quick as manual. Volvo should not have decreased torque. Plus its safe since it's a Volvo.

Quick for a brick
By Marcel van Dijk on 12/22/05 20:29 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the best car that I ever owned. It has the room for a family to visit the inlaws, but when you are alone, "it is a blast". 150 Mph and it is nailed to the ground. Love it! I have the Geartonic, next time it will be a manual.

v70
By pegnaderic on 12/04/05 22:27 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Other than a very irritating noise when turning left, it is a great car.

>Sorry I bought one...:(<
By Lemon on 09/14/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm sorry I bought my Volvo V70R. Why? Nothing but "Problems". It's been in the shop almost every month since I got my lemon and I'm tired of it. Volvo in general has poor customer service and they just don't care. The workmanship is poor for such a $$$ car. Outside window rubber curling, brake problems, lots of electrical problems and the list goes on. What is too bad is that the "lemon" drives well, handles well, is comfortable, has lots of room. Volvo has lost a customer, because of incompetence and terrible customer service (both National & Local). I WILL be selling my Lemon soon and NEVER looking at a Volvo again.

Who Needs an SUV
By Gary K on 07/27/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2004 V70 to replace an Explorer which was a second car, when after a bad accident in another car I realized I would have suffered serious injury or worse in my SUV. What a great car! Very stylish, very fast (my other cars are Jag and BMW coupes) and this no sacrifice in the performance department, especially for a wagon. But, it's so comfortable to drive and gets great gas mileage 17/28 compared to 9/14 for my Explorer. I can't imagine why anyone who doesn't absolutely NEED the extreme size of an SUV (hear that all you soccer moms?) wouldn't get a Volvo wagon instead. Fit, finish, build quality and materials are on par with my BMW. Love this car! I'd never have another SUV

Top-notch vehicle
By rbrozka on 05/24/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Understated sophistication, solid performance, good value. Well-engineered, many thoughtful amenities, excellent fit and finish. I've put 6,000 miles on it so far with no problems. A pleasure to own and drive. Not quite the space of my former minivan, but far superior in every other respect.

Love This Car
By REB on 05/10/05 08:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

300 HP performance while still averaging 22 mpg with mixed highway/city driving is amazing! We now have over 25,000 miles on the car and it is great. The auto transmission robs you of quite a bit of power compared to the manual.

V70R A Joy!
By RHS on 05/02/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Totally enjoyable "compromise" between a functional car and a sports car. Passengers are universally compelled to comment that this is not what they expect from Volvo. They are very impressed. It looks great in a quiet way. Lots of fun.