2004 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
It's Been Fun
By RHS on 12/23/08 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Sometimes there is a bright and fun momemt when I remember what this car will do. Mostly it is used in normal service where it functions admirably. But when it has the opportunity it is a brilliant and extremely well balanced road car. I love it. My only complaint is that Volvo-Ford copped out on the interior stuff--too much plastic especially.

Sadly, a disappointment
By Dave on 09/08/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Beautiful car. Very comfortable. Fun to drive. Unfortunately, the engine would stall periodically and unpredictably. The dealer could never fix it and ignored the techical service bulletins I found on line describing the behavior. Huge blind spots that made merging with traffic a white knuckle experience. MPG could have been better. Vehicle maintenance was outrageously expensive.

Good value
By Ed on 08/26/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

First the negatives: wide turning radius and poorly designed interface of the "premium" sound system. Otherwise this attractive, well built wagon has served our family well. It's 300hp still obtains 22mpg in city driving and 28mpg in 70mph freeway driving.

Volvo V70 2,4 (2004)
By Jacob on 07/28/08 06:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Actually I got some problems with my car only one week after purchasing it. I had to leave it at my local workshop. But since then everything has been working fine. I really feel that this is a good car. It drives very quiet, the design is nice, etc. Volvo is definitely quality.

Rides Like a Go-Cart
By Brian Funk on 05/04/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Yes the V70R can do it all. Absolutly it is an amazing machine. But, however the ride is very rough. You hit small bumps and it's like terrible even on comfort mode. I put a decent dent in the back rim just going over railroad tracks too fast. I sold my V70R within 6 months of having it, just couldn't handle the bumpy ride.

Extremely Reliable, Extremely Safe & Fun
By MadeInJapan on 05/03/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 3rd Volvo and I would probably rate Performance & Fun to Drive as 10's if it wasn't for also owning a S70 that has an upgraded ECU. But this V70 is just phenomenal! No repairs! It has air bags everywhere even in the pillars so curtain airbags will inflate if you're in a side impact- very safe! We like the power off the line that this car offers and nimble steering although it's a luxury car- great for tireless trips w/ the extremely comfortable seats. Upgraded to IPD swaybars & HD endlinks as well as a drop in K&N air filter. I knew these would make a difference in performance even before I bought the car...and well worth it! Also changed out the donut to a full size spare.

God I Love Hot Rod Wagons
By toyesq1971 on 04/29/08 13:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My biggest problem with this car is that it's my wife's to drive on the weekdays. She needs it for the kids. I find myself at work looking forward to the weekend, when I get to drive it. As with any Volvo, it's a tank. The brakes are normally quite good, but the V70R brakes stop on half a dime. It feels like it has a lot more than the rated 300 HP. My Boss's S6 wagon just doesn't match it. We have the orange leather interior, which pushes it over the edge to PHAT. Or at least as phat as a Volvo can ever be. A little part of me died when Volve announced this year that they were discontinuing it.

Volvo V70R
By Jerry K on 12/08/07 12:19 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, great car for small/growing families. Reliable, even in snow.

2004 V70R
By John Landis on 01/09/07 19:26 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Car has been great except for the Pirelli P6"s. They wore out in about 15000 miles and were terrible in the snow even when they were new. They were replaced with Micheln Pilot Sport A/S's. They lasted 30,000 miles and were decent in the snow. Except for a bad reverse light switch I have had no problems with the car.

2004 V70R
By Edgar Oscar on 11/02/06 07:41 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

An outstanding car all the way around. Fun to drive, completely stealthy at the line, and will beat many performance cars before they even know they are near another (since it is a wagon). it is well built and stylish, has great performance, safety, and reliability. OUTSTANDING!