Used 2004 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Fabulous!
By KB, Bethesda MD

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Leased this Silver R, automatic, in August, '03 as my '99 T5 lease was coming due, after looking at Avant Wagon, Toureg, and lots of others. Had All-Season tires put on as a condition of lease and the car is fantastic. It sticks to the road in all weather and at all speeds. Never any wheel spin -- it just digs in and goes like a bat out of hell. 15k so far and no service issues.

Favorite Features

Performance, 4 disk CD, steering wheel radio controls, integrated cell phone, brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is a big disappointment. Gas mileage is marginally acceptable I get 20+ on the highway but only 15+ in the city. Cabin storage is also just marginal -- no room for my CB.

heather
By doublelicious14

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

it is a pretty good of a lot!

"R" as in Remarkable
By Ben Parrish

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this vehicle for a little less than 3-months.During that time I have had an opportunity to get to know my "R".My first impression was,nice - styling,but what else does it do? It didn't take me long to find out!!! From it's sumptious interior to it's "G"Force acceleration this is one Heck of a station wagon!!! After Looking over from one-end to another,I finally got in for a test drive.That 30-minute test drive sold me on this vehicle.What began as infatuation has turned into a full fledge love affair! Each day I drive this car I like it just a little bit more!

Favorite Features

Some of my favorite features are:design,engineering,performance,safe ty,reliabilty,quality construction,and last but certainly not least,economy.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion for improvement would be a little better ride in the"comfort"mode.

(Very) Swift AND Stylish
By karen b

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The LAST thing I thought I'd get was another Volvo--but after testing the Lexus RX 330 and the VW Touraeg and beind dissatisfied with both, my husband talked me into visiting the Volvo folks before I turned the XC in. I'd heard about the V 70 R, asked to see one. They had one on the lot ("hard to come by")--I drove it and took it home. Daily driving has become a pleasure--I love it so much I often wash it myself. And it's stealth-fast: I'm still treasuring the shock on a Carerra 4S owner's face when I blazed past him on my way to work (same hp)...Nobody knows what this car can do unless they've been in one or have driven one. Finally--a hot Mommy car!

Favorite Features

interior design, good lumbar support in seats, sound system, A/C in rear panels for back seat passengers (all of whom say there's enough legroom).

Suggested Improvements

Nav system works great but steering column buttons make input tedious and clumsy; FUEL EFFICIENCY: the average mpg is advertised at 18--I'm a prudent driver (except for that atypicaldrag race with the Carerra), and I've not gotten beyond 14.2 mpg. Not good enough.

Wouldn't trade it for the world....
By XCowner

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Had the Saab, and the Land Rover, this by far gives me seven seats and power, but outstanding turning radius, get-up, and comfort. Will always be a Volvo owner now. Easy on the pocket for gas and insurance too.--Lots to offer

Favorite Features

Rear jump seats...for kids only.

Suggested Improvements

Have an option to heat the middle row seats too.