Used 2004 Volvo V70 T5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

I'll NEVER give this one up!
By LORinNOR

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my 3rd Volvo wagon. They just keep getting better and better! This model has a much nicer ride, although you give up a little on the turning radius. Love the turbo...not just a mom car! LOL Don't buy until you try!!!

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius!!!

My 2001V70 T5M
By Phil Gilmore

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I was brousing this site and read the Edwards road test review of a loaded T5 and thought they were talking about a differant car. Ours is now 2 1/2 years old and as tight as new, with ZERO rattles, ZERO poor fits and no dust intrusion whatsoever over our many dirt driveways. The brakes are firm and linear, the power strong and the mileage good. I don't know what you drove, but it sounds like a wreck. And as for the howling tires, did you check the pressure?

Favorite Features

I achieved 29.2 MPG on a 100 mile trip with 4 of us and packed with camping gear driving the coast of northern CA. This included a stint with some new overpowered SUV hounding me. I got tired of this and left it behind without so much as squeeking the tires.

Suggested Improvements

The 5 cylinder sounds thrashy and has a lot of turbo lag. You need to learn to work the lag for performance driving. Its out of character with a car that is otherwise so fast, smooth and comfortable. A strong hybrid would be interesting.

This Car Rocks
By KevinLeungPhD

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The V70 T5 excel in every automotive arena. The 247-hp Turbo is a beast on the highway- beating many, many, many cars. Adding the GearTronic will result the winning combination of performance, fun and automotive enjoyment. Fuel economy is excellent- averaging only at 10.5L/100km. Build quality, safety and reliabiliy is undoubtly excellent. The seats are the best you can ever find in the universe. Versatile and agile, the V70 is the Einstein of scientists and the Kristanna Loken of actresses.

Favorite Features

Seats, the engine, cargo cover, cargo net, GearTronic, steering wheel mounted controls, heated seats, moonroof....etc.

Suggested Improvements

If I was appointed to build the V70 by Volvo, I would put in a V6. The V5 is fast, furious and economical, but a V6 feels smoother for accelerations. Better sound system would be favourable.