2004 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Great Car!!
By daisykl on 02/16/12 17:56 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this as a family car. I am so happy we did! We have owned it since it was new- no problems!

Truly a lemon
By Meadow on 08/04/10 21:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We've driven a lot of Volvos over the years, and the 2004 has the worst reliability by far. We're very disappointed that we had to replace the radiator and rack and pinion steering at 82,000 miles. These were very expensive to replace, and there's no reason that either should have failed before 100K miles. Currently the steering wheel buttons that control the stereo are frozen. The gas gauge also swings wildly from 1/3 full to empty when the vehicle is low on fuel. This car is a heap of problems.

Sadly, a disappointment
By Dave on 09/08/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Beautiful car. Very comfortable. Fun to drive. Unfortunately, the engine would stall periodically and unpredictably. The dealer could never fix it and ignored the techical service bulletins I found on line describing the behavior. Huge blind spots that made merging with traffic a white knuckle experience. MPG could have been better. Vehicle maintenance was outrageously expensive.

Extremely Reliable, Extremely Safe & Fun
By MadeInJapan on 05/03/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 3rd Volvo and I would probably rate Performance & Fun to Drive as 10's if it wasn't for also owning a S70 that has an upgraded ECU. But this V70 is just phenomenal! No repairs! It has air bags everywhere even in the pillars so curtain airbags will inflate if you're in a side impact- very safe! We like the power off the line that this car offers and nimble steering although it's a luxury car- great for tireless trips w/ the extremely comfortable seats. Upgraded to IPD swaybars & HD endlinks as well as a drop in K&N air filter. I knew these would make a difference in performance even before I bought the car...and well worth it! Also changed out the donut to a full size spare.

Who Needs an SUV
By Gary K on 07/27/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2004 V70 to replace an Explorer which was a second car, when after a bad accident in another car I realized I would have suffered serious injury or worse in my SUV. What a great car! Very stylish, very fast (my other cars are Jag and BMW coupes) and this no sacrifice in the performance department, especially for a wagon. But, it's so comfortable to drive and gets great gas mileage 17/28 compared to 9/14 for my Explorer. I can't imagine why anyone who doesn't absolutely NEED the extreme size of an SUV (hear that all you soccer moms?) wouldn't get a Volvo wagon instead. Fit, finish, build quality and materials are on par with my BMW. Love this car! I'd never have another SUV

excellent choice
By zizico on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Excellent wagon ,good gas consumption very confortable for long haul trips.Good road stability in driving

I Love This Car!
By VolvoLover52163 on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Nothing but pure pleasure with the convenience of a wagon. I couldn't be happier with my choice. This car is understated elegance at its best!

our best volvo yet
By wenronian on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our best of the 5 Volvos we have owned. Volvo has seemed to work out the minor, yet annoying, electrical problems experienced with their previous cars. This wagon has lots of room, performs well and is very comfortable. We got the integrated booster seats this time and love them!

A Swedish Love Affair
By DFWRealtor on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This has been a great car. It delivers a perfect balance of practicality with sporty appearance and is fun to drive. A big thumbs up!

Never ever would even think of a wagon !
By lap8312 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car (my first Volvo) after having a Lincoln Navigator (over- priced piece of crap), I LOVE THIS CAR !!! It is fast, comfortable and sexy for station wagon (after limo tinting the windows), I AM NO soccer Mom, even though I have 3 kids, But, when people I know pick on my choice I take them for a ride (or let them drive it) AND well, they have a different perspective. Test drive one you'll love it !! The ONLY down fall my Husband is 6'01" and he said that it is tight for him in the drivers seat,But that it is fun to drive. Ask a Dealer to crash pictures AMAZING people walk away !!!