2004 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Nice Car
By Sporty Auto on 03/31/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Hard to find parts out of the dealer,part to expensive. Avoid unnecessary and expensive dealer service. Their support is less than desirable.

Volvo V70 2,4 (2004)
By Jacob on 07/28/08 06:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Actually I got some problems with my car only one week after purchasing it. I had to leave it at my local workshop. But since then everything has been working fine. I really feel that this is a good car. It drives very quiet, the design is nice, etc. Volvo is definitely quality.

Top-notch vehicle
By rbrozka on 05/24/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Understated sophistication, solid performance, good value. Well-engineered, many thoughtful amenities, excellent fit and finish. I've put 6,000 miles on it so far with no problems. A pleasure to own and drive. Not quite the space of my former minivan, but far superior in every other respect.

Great Wagon
By Andrikos on 11/09/04 17:15 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great wagon. Very comfortable, fun for the kids sitting in the 3rd row.

Love my Volvo
By fedlawman on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

When our CPO 2001 V70 was totaled last May, we didn't think twice about replacing it with another one...this time brand new! We love the comfort, luxury, and style of the V70. Although not a powerhouse, the engine is strong in midrange power, and the smooth auto transmission is a perfect match for the powerband. The kids love the 3rd row jump seats, and we use the SUV-like cargo capacity regularly. Why would anyone spend $30,000+ on an ungainly, ill-handling SUV when they could have a sporty, fine handling luxury wagon?

excellent
By elita28 on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle.Best car purchase ever.

3 steps forward, 2 steps back
By tom21769 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The 2004 V70 (2.4L) is our third Volvo wagon (following a 1990 240 and a 2000 V70.) Exterior styling, cabin ventillation and the center console are all improved. The ride is smoother, more comfortable. Front legroom gains about an inch. Fuel economy is slightly better. And Volvo finally got cupholders right. However, the turning circle gains about 6 feet. Some interior dimensions are smaller. Window rollers are on a hair-trigger. And the decent-sounding stereo has absurdly difficult controls. The car continues to offer exceptional comfort and safety design, but Volvo needs to fix a few more details.

The Best Family Wagon You Can Buy
By John Davis on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I leased a 1998 V70 when it first entered the market. Since then, I've leased another 2000 V70, and just this past October, I leased a redesigned 2004 V70. My current V70 is by far the best V70 yet. Not only is it more luxurious, but it is larger, more useful, and feels safer to drive. I feel more comfortable in this car than ever before. And it is worry free; everything is easy to use and maintin.

2003 V70
By aaaaaa on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The mechanical design needs more help from engineering, already I have problem with the stabilizer bars this is the second time with two different years cars..Many of my friends who have bought a V70 have said to me the quality has decreased in the past years.

Most Comfortable Car Around
By DonMX5 on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The Volvo V70 is by far the most comfortable car I've owned in my 52 years of car ownership. While our Lexus in superior to all ever owned in build quality, when it comes to a road trip we always take the Volvo as one can drive long hours and still arrive feeling fresh and relaxed. I often go out to the Volvo to do my reading as the seats are more comfortable than my favorite easy chair.