2004 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Great Car!!
By daisykl on 02/16/12 17:56 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this as a family car. I am so happy we did! We have owned it since it was new- no problems!

Do not buy 2004 2.5T AWD V70
By csanzo on 08/03/11 16:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car was my dream car until at 103000 miles the engine simply died. It was in the shop for three months, EEC computer replaced, and another computer replaced and the flywheel was warped and replaced. Even after that - and a $3000 plus repair bill - no one could fix the car!! Any car that is not able to be repaired should never be sold!! DO NOT BUY!

Truly a lemon
By Meadow on 08/04/10 21:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We've driven a lot of Volvos over the years, and the 2004 has the worst reliability by far. We're very disappointed that we had to replace the radiator and rack and pinion steering at 82,000 miles. These were very expensive to replace, and there's no reason that either should have failed before 100K miles. Currently the steering wheel buttons that control the stereo are frozen. The gas gauge also swings wildly from 1/3 full to empty when the vehicle is low on fuel. This car is a heap of problems.

Nice Car
By Sporty Auto on 03/31/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Hard to find parts out of the dealer,part to expensive. Avoid unnecessary and expensive dealer service. Their support is less than desirable.

Sadly, a disappointment
By Dave on 09/08/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Beautiful car. Very comfortable. Fun to drive. Unfortunately, the engine would stall periodically and unpredictably. The dealer could never fix it and ignored the techical service bulletins I found on line describing the behavior. Huge blind spots that made merging with traffic a white knuckle experience. MPG could have been better. Vehicle maintenance was outrageously expensive.

Volvo V70 2,4 (2004)
By Jacob on 07/28/08 06:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Actually I got some problems with my car only one week after purchasing it. I had to leave it at my local workshop. But since then everything has been working fine. I really feel that this is a good car. It drives very quiet, the design is nice, etc. Volvo is definitely quality.

Extremely Reliable, Extremely Safe & Fun
By MadeInJapan on 05/03/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 3rd Volvo and I would probably rate Performance & Fun to Drive as 10's if it wasn't for also owning a S70 that has an upgraded ECU. But this V70 is just phenomenal! No repairs! It has air bags everywhere even in the pillars so curtain airbags will inflate if you're in a side impact- very safe! We like the power off the line that this car offers and nimble steering although it's a luxury car- great for tireless trips w/ the extremely comfortable seats. Upgraded to IPD swaybars & HD endlinks as well as a drop in K&N air filter. I knew these would make a difference in performance even before I bought the car...and well worth it! Also changed out the donut to a full size spare.

Who Needs an SUV
By Gary K on 07/27/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2004 V70 to replace an Explorer which was a second car, when after a bad accident in another car I realized I would have suffered serious injury or worse in my SUV. What a great car! Very stylish, very fast (my other cars are Jag and BMW coupes) and this no sacrifice in the performance department, especially for a wagon. But, it's so comfortable to drive and gets great gas mileage 17/28 compared to 9/14 for my Explorer. I can't imagine why anyone who doesn't absolutely NEED the extreme size of an SUV (hear that all you soccer moms?) wouldn't get a Volvo wagon instead. Fit, finish, build quality and materials are on par with my BMW. Love this car! I'd never have another SUV

Top-notch vehicle
By rbrozka on 05/24/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Understated sophistication, solid performance, good value. Well-engineered, many thoughtful amenities, excellent fit and finish. I've put 6,000 miles on it so far with no problems. A pleasure to own and drive. Not quite the space of my former minivan, but far superior in every other respect.

Great Wagon
By Andrikos on 11/09/04 17:15 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great wagon. Very comfortable, fun for the kids sitting in the 3rd row.

1 2 3 4 5 next »