Used 2004 Volvo V70 R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo V70 R

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

Amazing Wagon!
By jadedj

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had the six-speed version of this twin turbo 300HP behemoth for about 6 months now and love it. Although the interior isn't as luxurious as my old Audi, it does the job just fine and when considering how much faster this thing is, I'll take performance over interior any day. There truly is no other station wagon with this type of power and handling that comes in a six-speed anymore. Add in AWD and we're talking about a car that can go anywhere.

Favorite Features

Exterior, handling, interior space, power

300 hp big turns
By MiamiTVR

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned many Volvos. The 300 hp 6 speed is what got me into this one not to mention the fun blue leather. If the clutch had not gone out before 30K and Volvo not suggested it was my fault, had the lip of the wheels not stuck out further than the tires seeking out curbs to rub on, had the front spoiler not stuck out a couple of inches too far and one too low, had the paint and leather been Volvo-like and less prone to showing every slight rub as a permanent scar, had they made head rests and door pillars and mirrors so they could be seen around and, most importantly, had they designed it to turn in less space than a cruise ship I would have rated it higher. Pretty not Volvo tough.

Favorite Features

Understated styling. Performance. Dependability. Comfort. Tactile qualities.

Suggested Improvements

Turning diameter. Dealer Service and Honesty. Fragile nature of leather and paint used. Visibility. Access to interior air filter.

Simply Irresistable!
By JP

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My Volvo is now 6 years old with 97,000 miles, so I decided it was time to trade for a new car. I have been car shopping for over a week, looking at Audi, Saab, Cadillac, BMW, Infiniti, Lexus etc. I have test driven over a dozen cars, each time hoping I have found "the one". But based on features, performance, MPG and most every measure I can think of, I just can't find any car that can compare with my V70R. I am really stumped, but have concluded that I already have the best vehicle for the money. It still runs great and has no rattles. So instead I just bought a new set of tires and a fresh oil change. I really do want a new car, but can't find anything that qualifies as a "move up".

Favorite Features

Most comfortable seats ever made, perfect for those 500 mile days. Great sound system. As much interior volume as an SUV and 24 MPG average. 300HP!!!

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats could use more wattage.

Volvo for Life - 2004 V70R
By RollNR John Miller

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a great all purpose vehicle and HIGH performance for the money. Where can you get a car that will exceed 140 mph and transport 10ft pieces of pipe inside with 4 people. The ride is as good as the road you are driving on!! You have the feel of control at all speeds. The factor of Safety was never lost with this car. This is my fifth Volvo since 1988. The wagon V70R is a sleeper on the road.

Favorite Features

I like the style of the body and comfortable interior. The gear-tronics trany is fun. Being able to decide to pass that other car or just get out of there with just a push of the petal.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius is too large. The gear-tronic should shift faster. Add rear heated seats. Aux. input to radio for MP3 player.

It's Been Fun
By RHS

2004 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Sometimes there is a bright and fun momemt when I remember what this car will do. Mostly it is used in normal service where it functions admirably. But when it has the opportunity it is a brilliant and extremely well balanced road car. I love it. My only complaint is that Volvo-Ford copped out on the interior stuff--too much plastic especially.

Favorite Features

Handling and road performance.

Suggested Improvements

Larger rear view mirrors with exterior turn signals. The turning radius is extraordinarily large for a car of this size but maybe this is the price of the AWD.