2003 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: OK, but Not Like the Good Old

2003 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

2.4 Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

OK, but Not Like the Good Old Days
By VolvoGrl on

2003 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the V70 after owning a 240 wagon. The V70 is OK, but it's not like the old days. The car is comfortable and gas mileage is great for something this size. I am, however, disappointed in Volvo's apparent decline in quality. I've had to return to the dealer about 5 times in the first two and a half years to replace shoddy parts, including the steering wheel which just sort of crumbled and the power steering reservoir which cracked. Brakes went at 40k. After owning only Volvos in my adult life, will I buy another? Sadly, no. I think Volvo now delivers American quality with a European price tag.

I reallyl like the huge cargo space and easy to fold rear seats. The front is comfortable, and the vehicle feels stable.

Generally, Volvo needs to pay better attention to overall quality. I've been a Volvo owner for 20 years, and I think I'm going to jump ship after this one.