2003 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
2003 V70 2.4 Turbo
By Not Bad on 06/05/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Oh my. This is my third Volvo. For a 50 ton wagon it is tight. 207HP stock, in dash phone plus all the goodies. Top speed reported at 125 plus easy. Comfort 10+ Highway zip 10+ Love it.

nice except for electronic glitch
By pittsburgh v70 owner on 04/05/05 13:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall, we are happy with the 2003 V70. The car handles very well, it is esthetically pleasing, gets good gas mileage, and has great storage. The main complaint is with a cold-start problem. The car would not start at temperatures below about 30 - 35F. Frustratingly ironic for a Swedish car. Left us stranded once. Eventually, Volvo tracked the problem down to a faulty engine control module after a few repair attempts. Since then, we've had no complaints. Would probably buy another.

great wagon
By Jaltmann on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Wife loves it. She bought it and actually enjoys driving to work every day.

A Good Solid Car
By Chicago Matt on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned this car for about three months. It spends most of its time in the city, where it does very well. Where it really shines, however, is on the highway. We took a 2,000 mile trip and it was amazing - comfortable, smooth, quiet and fun to drive in the mountains. On the highway, I got 28 mpg. In town, it is closer to 16 mpg (all stop and go). The acceleration makes it fun to drive. The brakes are awesome. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a solid, high-quality and versatile people and stuff mover (who doesn't want an SUV or minivan).

V70 instead of SUV
By volvohip on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a first time Volvo owner- previously I have had Acuras and been very satisfied. I was in the market for an SUV..but after looking at the V70 decided it really had everything I was looking for-versatility, styling, safety, and cargo space! Mine has the integrated booster seats-great idea. This car has the most comfortable seats I've ever known in a car-plus heated!! I can't wait to take it on vacation and camping!

It's better than a truck!
By Lumbering along on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Volvo V70 2.4 T Black with Black Drives a bit better than a truck and easier to park. It's an attractive car that really shines when you have people and things to move. It's huge! I guess you don't buy a VOLVO for fun and this new model proves it. I have about 1,000k on it and if it turns out to be reliable i'll be happy about my decision to purchase a VOLVO. It's still better than a truck!

Outstanding Wagon
By rdr on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third Volvo V70. The wagon is very comfortable, especially on long trips. Volvo has added many features to the car including the rain sensor which works very well. The car is child friendly and can take three child seats accross the middle seat with ease. My car is equipped with the reverse radar assist and it works very well. Recommend this option if you either park in close quarters or have little children. If you take this option, you should also install the module which will mute the radio.