2003 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Fantastic Car
By James Epstein on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

With 110,000 miles on the odometer, the car feels solid and remains extremely reliable. It has handled many Maine winters well. Seats are very comfortable, and the standard sound system is superb. Paint still shines! Love this carn and highly recommend.

Luxary at an affordable price
By Zaro R. on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We have been pretty happy with this car. It drives well, and great fuel economy for the size. We took this car up the mountain 5 time a year, on camping trips. Last couple of years we have been towing a 2500lb pop-up camper and I sometimes when the traffic is clear, drive at 80-mph with no problem. I wished I would have bought a XC70, but this is good enough for us. The only qualm we have is the volvo maintenance cost...it is very expensive!

Fun while it lasted
By Dave from D'Town on 05/06/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved driving this car. Very comfortable and so solid on the road. However at 101,000 miles the transmission must be completely replaced at a cost almost equal to the entire trade in value. At 7 years old, with this mileage, I no longer have a warranty, and will probably donate the car to charity. I love the car but think that maintenance costs have been excessive over the four years I have owned it. I probably won't buy another Volvo, but if I do I will get rid of it before the warranty runs out.

Best vehicle so far (since '66)
By Chris C. on 01/06/07 01:26 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The traction control and STC make this 4000 pd wagon more fun to drive than my previous 01 VW Golf . It feels so solid on the road .. I actually enjoy driving it very sedately and smoothly. Its computer gives me all the info I need..mpg,etc. And the trunk is HUGE! with 3rd row and BUILT IN BOOSTERS in 2nd row too..in LEATHER! Beats any minivan out there on LOOKS and MILEAGE.THE KING (or Queen..)

OK, but Not Like the Good Old Days
By VolvoGrl on 02/16/06 16:47 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the V70 after owning a 240 wagon. The V70 is OK, but it's not like the old days. The car is comfortable and gas mileage is great for something this size. I am, however, disappointed in Volvo's apparent decline in quality. I've had to return to the dealer about 5 times in the first two and a half years to replace shoddy parts, including the steering wheel which just sort of crumbled and the power steering reservoir which cracked. Brakes went at 40k. After owning only Volvos in my adult life, will I buy another? Sadly, no. I think Volvo now delivers American quality with a European price tag.

Darn near perfect
By MotoMan on 04/21/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is almost the perfect vehicle. One or two small quality issues, but hard to top 30 mpg and luxury to boot. Handles well, leather heated seats are great, volumes of hauling capacity and very slick looking ride.

Great road trip car
By NJ V70 Owner on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Generally very happy with car. Superb seats, great ride and handling, very comfortable on trips. Both my wife and I have safely completed evasive maneuvers that would have been trouble in other vehicles. Better equipped and more comfortable than other cars in price range. Child booster seats are a great feature. Great gas mileage - approaching 30 mpg on trips. Comes at the expense of acceleration though, which is just adequate. Only major gripes are and engine courseness and reflection off light taupe dashboard. Resorted to polarized sunglasses. It doesn't bother my wife, however. Upside is that the light leather interior looks great.

Great Family Car
By bkd1195 on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car is better than any mini van. This car is much safer. We love the built in booster seats. They are the perfect height, the seat belts don't cut into the kids necks as they did in a store bought booster. The car drives and handles great. My wife has an S60 and I feel the ride is even smoother in the V70.

Great Ride
By IR on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Have had it only a few weeks, however, the quality, ride, comfort, and styling are super! Best looking station wagon on the market today. The seats are very comfortable. When driving you are unaware that this is a station wagon. Almost got a Passat station wagon (I have a Passat sedan that I am very happy with), however worked a deal with the Volvo that put me only $2,000 over the Passat wagon, plusthe Volvo had many more features. Feels much more solid than the Passat.

Amazing, Sweet and Sexy
By Volvotopia on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I don't know what to say, this has got to be my most favorite volvo of all time.All those standard safety features, no wonder it's the safest car in the world. The seats are so comfortable and there is plenty of cargo room for what ever your hauling.