Used 2003 Volvo V70 T5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

The most reliable car I've ever owned.
By ginia

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

What an auto! Have regular maintenance performed, put in gas, and away you go. Replacing the sport type tires was expensive but other than that, there has not been one equipment failure or maintenance problem in almost 7 years. People who don't know Volvos think the wagon is new and are careful not to slam car doors into it. It gets 25 mpg in town and 31 on the highway - better than my 2009 S80.

Gas mileage and reliability.

Our Family Car
By Arne Fagerli

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought this car almost a year ago and have driven 10,000 miles with it. 1,000 miles into the ownership the automatic transmission had to be replaced. I am so happy that we bought warranty on the car, so all we had to pay was the $250 deductable. We love the practicality of the Volvo V70. We have a baby, so space is very important and this car has enough space for the 3, the stroller and then some. The interior is nice, super comfortable seats and very good sound from the premium sound system. It is also a big plus to have the original navigation system, which is hard to find on used Volvo's. My only complaint is the quality. It is far from the level of Honda. Other than that it is great

Practicality, very comfortable seats, nice interior, stereo sounds great. good navigation system. Safety. Excellent in snow/winter conditions.

Transmission is not good.

T5 review
By matncal

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Ok, its been only two weeks since Ive had this car, but I really am enjoying it. Previous car was a 00' BMW 328, so my standards are high. The interior is nicely laid out with a feel of quality and quiteness to the cabin. Like one of my friends said " its like driving a pillow". Unfortunately, the cabin is so "airtight" that when you do open the moonroof it does make a vibrating noise. One compliant: When shifting the automatic transmission, its wishy washy...you have to be sure that its really in reverse rather than neutral.

comfortable seats, clean instrument panel, great cup holders, and lots of power with the T5!

rear window to open without having to open the whole gate, shifting is difficult at times, moonroof vibration correction!