Used 2003 Volvo V70 2.4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Fantastic Car
By James Epstein

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

With 110,000 miles on the odometer, the car feels solid and remains extremely reliable. It has handled many Maine winters well. Seats are very comfortable, and the standard sound system is superb. Paint still shines! Love this carn and highly recommend.

Stereo, looks, paint quality, versatility, reliability and safety

All adressed in current production model.

Luxary at an affordable price
By Zaro R.

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We have been pretty happy with this car. It drives well, and great fuel economy for the size. We took this car up the mountain 5 time a year, on camping trips. Last couple of years we have been towing a 2500lb pop-up camper and I sometimes when the traffic is clear, drive at 80-mph with no problem. I wished I would have bought a XC70, but this is good enough for us. The only qualm we have is the volvo maintenance cost...it is very expensive!

sun roof, heated leather seat, automatic control driver's seat, climate control...

Fun while it lasted
By Dave from D'Town

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved driving this car. Very comfortable and so solid on the road. However at 101,000 miles the transmission must be completely replaced at a cost almost equal to the entire trade in value. At 7 years old, with this mileage, I no longer have a warranty, and will probably donate the car to charity. I love the car but think that maintenance costs have been excessive over the four years I have owned it. I probably won't buy another Volvo, but if I do I will get rid of it before the warranty runs out.

leather seats, climate control, heated seats

there is no reason for a transmission to go at 100,000 miles for a brand like Volvo...I might expect that from an inferior brand, but not Volvo...build it better...too many trips to the shop which were very expensive

Best vehicle so far (since '66)
By Chris C.

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The traction control and STC make this 4000 pd wagon more fun to drive than my previous 01 VW Golf . It feels so solid on the road .. I actually enjoy driving it very sedately and smoothly. Its computer gives me all the info I need..mpg,etc. And the trunk is HUGE! with 3rd row and BUILT IN BOOSTERS in 2nd row too..in LEATHER! Beats any minivan out there on LOOKS and MILEAGE.THE KING (or Queen..)

Its shape, oad presence.

Turbo diesel please ? 8 spd auto? Htd wheel? Xmas light?

OK, but Not Like the Good Old Days
By VolvoGrl

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the V70 after owning a 240 wagon. The V70 is OK, but it's not like the old days. The car is comfortable and gas mileage is great for something this size. I am, however, disappointed in Volvo's apparent decline in quality. I've had to return to the dealer about 5 times in the first two and a half years to replace shoddy parts, including the steering wheel which just sort of crumbled and the power steering reservoir which cracked. Brakes went at 40k. After owning only Volvos in my adult life, will I buy another? Sadly, no. I think Volvo now delivers American quality with a European price tag.

I reallyl like the huge cargo space and easy to fold rear seats. The front is comfortable, and the vehicle feels stable.

Generally, Volvo needs to pay better attention to overall quality. I've been a Volvo owner for 20 years, and I think I'm going to jump ship after this one.