2003 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Fantastic Car
By James Epstein on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

With 110,000 miles on the odometer, the car feels solid and remains extremely reliable. It has handled many Maine winters well. Seats are very comfortable, and the standard sound system is superb. Paint still shines! Love this carn and highly recommend.

Luxary at an affordable price
By Zaro R. on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We have been pretty happy with this car. It drives well, and great fuel economy for the size. We took this car up the mountain 5 time a year, on camping trips. Last couple of years we have been towing a 2500lb pop-up camper and I sometimes when the traffic is clear, drive at 80-mph with no problem. I wished I would have bought a XC70, but this is good enough for us. The only qualm we have is the volvo maintenance cost...it is very expensive!

Fun while it lasted
By Dave from D'Town on 05/06/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved driving this car. Very comfortable and so solid on the road. However at 101,000 miles the transmission must be completely replaced at a cost almost equal to the entire trade in value. At 7 years old, with this mileage, I no longer have a warranty, and will probably donate the car to charity. I love the car but think that maintenance costs have been excessive over the four years I have owned it. I probably won't buy another Volvo, but if I do I will get rid of it before the warranty runs out.

The most reliable car I've ever owned.
By ginia on 01/31/10 13:06 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

What an auto! Have regular maintenance performed, put in gas, and away you go. Replacing the sport type tires was expensive but other than that, there has not been one equipment failure or maintenance problem in almost 7 years. People who don't know Volvos think the wagon is new and are careful not to slam car doors into it. It gets 25 mpg in town and 31 on the highway - better than my 2009 S80.

Station Wagon Fever
By Nicole on 02/01/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car! I wanted a car that would provide me comfort, safety, space, and so much more. This car does everything! When I go shop, I actually have a place to put my items. The leather seats are A+ I couldn't ask for a better made car. The craftsmanship is excellent for the price. We bought our V70 used, so we didn't lose a lot of money. We also paid like 11k in the end and had equity in the car. Just shop around!

2003 V70 2.4 Turbo
By Not Bad on 06/05/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Oh my. This is my third Volvo. For a 50 ton wagon it is tight. 207HP stock, in dash phone plus all the goodies. Top speed reported at 125 plus easy. Comfort 10+ Highway zip 10+ Love it.

Our Family Car
By Arne Fagerli on 04/18/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought this car almost a year ago and have driven 10,000 miles with it. 1,000 miles into the ownership the automatic transmission had to be replaced. I am so happy that we bought warranty on the car, so all we had to pay was the $250 deductable. We love the practicality of the Volvo V70. We have a baby, so space is very important and this car has enough space for the 3, the stroller and then some. The interior is nice, super comfortable seats and very good sound from the premium sound system. It is also a big plus to have the original navigation system, which is hard to find on used Volvo's. My only complaint is the quality. It is far from the level of Honda. Other than that it is great

Best vehicle so far (since '66)
By Chris C. on 01/06/07 01:26 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The traction control and STC make this 4000 pd wagon more fun to drive than my previous 01 VW Golf . It feels so solid on the road .. I actually enjoy driving it very sedately and smoothly. Its computer gives me all the info I need..mpg,etc. And the trunk is HUGE! with 3rd row and BUILT IN BOOSTERS in 2nd row too..in LEATHER! Beats any minivan out there on LOOKS and MILEAGE.THE KING (or Queen..)

OK, but Not Like the Good Old Days
By VolvoGrl on 02/16/06 16:47 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the V70 after owning a 240 wagon. The V70 is OK, but it's not like the old days. The car is comfortable and gas mileage is great for something this size. I am, however, disappointed in Volvo's apparent decline in quality. I've had to return to the dealer about 5 times in the first two and a half years to replace shoddy parts, including the steering wheel which just sort of crumbled and the power steering reservoir which cracked. Brakes went at 40k. After owning only Volvos in my adult life, will I buy another? Sadly, no. I think Volvo now delivers American quality with a European price tag.

Darn near perfect
By MotoMan on 04/21/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is almost the perfect vehicle. One or two small quality issues, but hard to top 30 mpg and luxury to boot. Handles well, leather heated seats are great, volumes of hauling capacity and very slick looking ride.