Used 2003 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Fantastic Car
By James Epstein

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

With 110,000 miles on the odometer, the car feels solid and remains extremely reliable. It has handled many Maine winters well. Seats are very comfortable, and the standard sound system is superb. Paint still shines! Love this carn and highly recommend.

Favorite Features

Stereo, looks, paint quality, versatility, reliability and safety

Suggested Improvements

All adressed in current production model.

Luxary at an affordable price
By Zaro R.

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We have been pretty happy with this car. It drives well, and great fuel economy for the size. We took this car up the mountain 5 time a year, on camping trips. Last couple of years we have been towing a 2500lb pop-up camper and I sometimes when the traffic is clear, drive at 80-mph with no problem. I wished I would have bought a XC70, but this is good enough for us. The only qualm we have is the volvo maintenance cost...it is very expensive!

Favorite Features

sun roof, heated leather seat, automatic control driver's seat, climate control...

Fun while it lasted
By Dave from D'Town

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved driving this car. Very comfortable and so solid on the road. However at 101,000 miles the transmission must be completely replaced at a cost almost equal to the entire trade in value. At 7 years old, with this mileage, I no longer have a warranty, and will probably donate the car to charity. I love the car but think that maintenance costs have been excessive over the four years I have owned it. I probably won't buy another Volvo, but if I do I will get rid of it before the warranty runs out.

Favorite Features

leather seats, climate control, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

there is no reason for a transmission to go at 100,000 miles for a brand like Volvo...I might expect that from an inferior brand, but not Volvo...build it better...too many trips to the shop which were very expensive

The most reliable car I've ever owned.
By ginia

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

What an auto! Have regular maintenance performed, put in gas, and away you go. Replacing the sport type tires was expensive but other than that, there has not been one equipment failure or maintenance problem in almost 7 years. People who don't know Volvos think the wagon is new and are careful not to slam car doors into it. It gets 25 mpg in town and 31 on the highway - better than my 2009 S80.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and reliability.

Station Wagon Fever
By Nicole

2003 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car! I wanted a car that would provide me comfort, safety, space, and so much more. This car does everything! When I go shop, I actually have a place to put my items. The leather seats are A+ I couldn't ask for a better made car. The craftsmanship is excellent for the price. We bought our V70 used, so we didn't lose a lot of money. We also paid like 11k in the end and had equity in the car. Just shop around!

Favorite Features

Seats, heating/cooling system, alarm, comfort, gas mileage, space, appearance, etc.

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of one. But maybe the control panel. It took me a week to get used to.