2002 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Loved it but now regret it!!!

2002 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

2.4T Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

Loved it but now regret it!!!
By oberg24 on

2002 Volvo V70 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have to say that I loved the car the moment I bought it. However once the warranty ran out the problems began. We now have to replace the radiator which has a slow leak. We have to now replace the steering rods and bushings.I have never had to replace steering rods at 57K miles on any of my past cars. There are a few other things that happened from day one that were never properly taken care of. I believe that Volvo should at least offer to help cover the expenses. Our local dealership has not been helpful at all.The Volvo cars of America has not been helpful as well.I bought the Volvo thinking that I would drive it forever but now I don't believe that will be the case!

The car is incredibly comfortable on short and long trips. The design is really nice. The 2.4T has great power.

Improve the customer service. Improve the horsepower. Do not let Ford have any say in the design or safety issues.