2002 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Love My Volvo

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

Love My Volvo
By Volvo Saved My Life on

2002 Volvo V70 2.4T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After my prior Volvo V70 AWD wagon was squashed by a truck that went airborne on top of it, and I lived through it, I had to have another one. I went out of state to get a rare combo, V70 with AWD (not an XC) plus the nav system. I have been extremely happy with this car, my 4th Volvo. The nav system rises up out of the dash, so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. It's great on snow and ice, with amazing braking power, it's gorgeous, and it gets good gas mileage. You have to keep it in alignment, or the AWD will go through tires. It's also a little too polite about letting you know you're low on gas. Keep it aligned and gassed up and you'll love this car.

AWD, amazing handling/turns at high speed (this model is slightly lower to the ground than the XC), nav system, braking system, overall strength for crash safety, elegant body style (doesn't have the cladding of the XC), leather seats (without the X's found on the XC model).

I had the steering wheel changed out for the regular firmer type when I bought it (I don't like a padded steering wheel, too little control). The low fuel level indicator is a tiny little light, no bell, no other warning. Watch it or you'll run out of gas. Unsafe & not a very Volvo thing to do.