2002 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Saab or Volvo Wagon
By Russell Schwartz on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We were considering the Saab Wagon vs the Volvo V70 24T. The two were very similar but after driving a Saab 93, we opted to try the Volvo. In the end, we are very very happy. It drive incredibly well, has great pick up (you need the turbo), and is very comfortable. I do miss some of the extras that were standard on the Saab, butthe driving experience more than makes up for it.

Hard look at a great car.
By Stormin Norman on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

One of the smoothest cars I've ever owned. The engine is barely noticeable when running. The interior lights dim slowly when going out. Doors close with a quiet click and require little effort to operate.Braking is smooth, quiet and give a secure feeling when deaccelerating. When driving, the car has the feel of a sports car. The engine is more than adequate for all driving conditions. The shifting of the automatic trans.is barely noticeable.Great car fun to drive.

My pod of civilization
By jdw31 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Why do I love my Volvo V70? I love it because it is solid, safe, very comfortable, has a great sound system, and because the dealership treats me like a king when I take her in for the checkups. I used to think that spending over $25K for a car was too much, but I did it anyway, and it is worth it. This is a great car. My "road rage" has dropped by 90% at least since I bought it.

Great T5!!
By jeffandr100 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Sport trimmed seats were definitely appreciated in the T5 as the side bolsters are much better than the standard seats (just take a curve quickly in a v70 with standard seats and compare). 17" rims/tires were a very decent deal for $500 extra (compare to buying this aftermarket). Safety features much appreciated. Dynamic stability control was a must when I made this purchase, great for peace of mind in wet driving. Seemingly very stable, stiff chassis. Wife loves it.

THE BEST VALUE ON THE MARKET
By daryp on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I NEVER TOUGHT THAT VOLVO WOULD BE SUCH A FUN TO DRIVE. LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A MANUAL T5 AND I LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT THIS YEAR I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE. THIS TIME AROUND FULLY LOADED. THERE IS ONE THING I REALLY MISS ABOUT THE PREVIUOS ONE; THE STICK SHIFT. IT REALLY ENHANCES THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CAR. ALTHOUGH, NOW I HAVE GEARTRONIC, IT'S NOT THE SAME AS MANUAL. BOTTOM LINE: YOU CAN TAKE THIS CAR ANYWHERE WHITHOUT HAVING TO WARY ABOUT MAKING POSITIVE IMPRESSIONS.

Who needs an SUV?
By PJ on 03/18/02 12:51 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent value. Looks great. Great driving vehicle. Avg. about 22mpg around town. Seats are the most comfortable I have ever owned. High-pressure turbo throws you back in your seat. Holds the whole family (and the dog) in comfort and safety.

My first Volvo
By W. Horne on 03/17/02 11:41 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Quality good looking car and for the money very view can compete. Year and a half old and only a couple minor problems. Passenger side shoulder harness did not work and stillhas problems. It is by far the most comfortable car I have ever driven. 500 miles a day in this is OK even with my back. I would definitely buy another.

T5 Tribute
By von on 03/15/02 16:01 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Great high powered wagon. Plush ride kick in the pants get up and go and nice functional styling. I only have 8500 miles on it so it is a little early to know how she will hold up over time. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. Only problem so far is keeping myself from getting a speeding ticket.