Used 2002 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Excellent Choice
By stjean

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have a 2 year old, and safety was the primary reason for selecting a V70. Very comfortable ride, especially on extended trips. Never thought I would every own a station wagon, but a V70 is more than just a station wagon. I never considered any other. Have received a lot of compliments at my choice.

Favorite Features

Confortable seats, excellent ride, great sound system, good mileage

Suggested Improvements

No waste baskets in the rear. Too much of the plastic look on controls. Clock should be moved to center dash. Only driver can see the time and temp on driver side only.

V70 - VERY VERSATILE
By mansel

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 13 months and had put 15500 miles on it thus far. It is by far the most comfortable car I've owned. I've driven it on several 11 hour trips without incurring my usual backache. (which is what I would of had with all the other cars I've owned.) overall I love this car but it hasn't been without its problems. nothing serious mind you but I've been to the dealer for repairs 3 times in 12 months.

Favorite Features

most comfortable seats in any car I've ever sat in ,great sounding stereo system, large cargo capacity, great fuel economy, great responsive engine , great styling.

Suggested Improvements

totally redo the radio controls, the actual ones on the face of the radio are too cumbersome to use. too many squeaks and rattles.lose the paper element oil filter design.

Great multi-purpose machine
By galet

2002 Volvo V70 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

A great looking, sporty, responsive wagon. Lots of head and leg room with space for the grandkids and all their "things".

Best Car We Ever Bought!
By WestHillsMom

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Since our family has expanded to 2 children we were looking for a safe family vehicle and opted for a Volvo Wagon instead of the typical SUV. Our V70 feels solid/safe, looks classy, and drives great!

Favorite Features

Like the steering wheel controls as well as the child safety features that allow to easily attach our 2 child car seats. Also like the integrated booster seats for when the kids get older. Rear area storage is just as big as a typical SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Be nice if there was a cover where the 2 drink holders are. Would like the base model to have a bit more power.

Two Thumbs down
By Rich's saturn

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've had this car for approx 8 months and it has been in the shop six times. Several times for a squeaking front end (never fixed), a burned out power lock motor, a bad power window motor and a leaking power steering pump. What's next. This is the first car I've owned that is not Japanese. What a mistake. Next time I'll buy a Honda.

Suggested Improvements

REALIABILITY