Used 2002 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Volvo V70

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

I would buy it again!!!!!!!!!!
By Lorenzo

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great car, bought it for me but wife felt in love with it and stole it! Great stability, precise steering at any speed. Super comfortable front seats. Back seats to narrow and not enough leg room especially if the driver has long legs like mine (I am 6'2"). Great car stereo. Great horn. Great brake system, very safe car. The 2.5 is and adequate engine, altough I recommend T or superior engine if you like a better picup. Very elegant!!

Front seats very confortable, love the eletric control. Brake syst. excellent. Stereo has serious bass!! Very usefull also the integrated boster seats in the back (optional).Super cargo area when seats are down, supercool sefty net to stop cargo integrated in the seats.

Essential more leg room and hip room for the back seats. Overall they have done a great job!!

'02 2.4 ASR in WDC
By KKC&JLC

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Wife's car - has 25K miles. Bought new in early '03 before baby arrived (needed safer vehicle w/more cargo space); got great deal w/yr end clearance - chose over preowned '01 V70 for same price, 13K miles, & less options. Premium & Touring packages - Leather, sunroof, 16"alloys, 3rd seat, laminated glass . . . great car overall. Looks like the NHTSA finally crash tested the V70 for frontal and side impacts - 5 stars all the way around! Only problem thus far has been a burned out power lock motor in rear door (under warranty) and a burned out headlight (replaced myself). Will look at an XC90 next for more space . . . but will wait until the bugs are worked out from the first few yr

Decent handling for a heavy car. Adequate power w/base engine. Extremely comfy seats w/ very supportive headrests (great when in rear end collision). Sporty looks for a wagon (especially w/16" wheels). Very sturdy at hi spds. Great brakes. Safety features - curtain bags, WHIPS, SIPS.

More room in the rear seats - with baby seat in the middle, passengers have tough time getting their seat belts latched. Could use more leg room too. Only problem we've had thus far is a burned out power lock motor in rear door (under warranty) and a burned out headlight (replaced myself).

Loved it but now regret it!!!
By oberg24

2002 Volvo V70 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have to say that I loved the car the moment I bought it. However once the warranty ran out the problems began. We now have to replace the radiator which has a slow leak. We have to now replace the steering rods and bushings.I have never had to replace steering rods at 57K miles on any of my past cars. There are a few other things that happened from day one that were never properly taken care of. I believe that Volvo should at least offer to help cover the expenses. Our local dealership has not been helpful at all.The Volvo cars of America has not been helpful as well.I bought the Volvo thinking that I would drive it forever but now I don't believe that will be the case!

The car is incredibly comfortable on short and long trips. The design is really nice. The 2.4T has great power.

Improve the customer service. Improve the horsepower. Do not let Ford have any say in the design or safety issues.

Luxury, Safety, and Utility-- Volvo V70
By Tracy Boswell

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car has surpassed my expectations! Whenever I have to rent a car, whether it is a new SUV, minivan, or luxury sedan, I am always delighted to return home to my Volvo V70. It drives smoothly, yet you can still feel the road to assist with driving decisions. It handles beautifully in all types of weather. And it has an extremely comfortable interior--especially the leather seats! I will definitley be a repeat Volvo owner!

Seating, sunroof, spacious "way back" area (wagon), comfort of ride on highway, especially

Electric passenger seat

Great Wagon but no room for carseats
By smujmu

Purchased this wagon with 3rd row
seat. A dream to drive on a 2500
cross country trip - no driver fatigue
as seats are very comfy. No repair
issues to date. My one complaint as a
mother of young children is the
difficulty in installing a third
carseat or booster. GET THE
integrated booster seats. Back seat
has little leg room - no a biggie for
hauling kids, but seating and seatbelt
spacing in middle position is narrow
making it just about impossible to fit
a 3rd carseat in back seat. You
cannot use child restraint in 3rd
seat. We did not opt for the
integrated booster seats - and found
they area VERY expensive to add in
later.

Front Seats very comfortable, safe,

Back seat leg room - middle seat belt positioning makes it nearly impossible to fit a 3rd car seat or booster, carpoolers beware. OPT FOR INTEGRATED BOOSTERS.