2002 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Quality is disappointing
By virginia_dad on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We've had this car for nearly two years and would not buy another. Have had a series of electrical problems -- bulbs constantly shorting out, headlights failing -- and other assorted problems. Service has been mediocre and overpriced. Sport tires are expensive and loud -- not a quiet ride at all. We've owned Volvo's for 10 years now and recently bought an Acura MDX as our "family car" and have been much happier with the quality and performance

2.4L FWD auto
By wheelsstm on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've had mine for 3 months and have put 7K miles on it with no problems so far. It feels very tight and the comfy seats are greatly appreciated. The storage nooks and crannies are a bit odd to get used to, but the squared off cargo area holds a ton of stuff. I traded in my '89 240DL that, once I quit going to the dealer for service, held up really well for 13 years. This V70 is off to a much better start, so I hope it lasts me another 13 years as well!

THE PERFECT WAGON
By T5bruce on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The Volvo V70 T5 wagon is the perfect blend of family hauler and sports/touring vehicle. The V70 is an extremely handsome, well designed vehicle and is significantly more refined than previous generations of Volvo wagons. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever experienced, handling is excellent and acceleration is exhilerating.

Best car I've ever owned
By rfksinfl on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great car. I have two young children and a dog. It always makes me feel great knowing my wife and kids are safe while driving around town. It's reliability and style for a touring variant is very impressive. Not pretentious like BMW or MB but screams class. The seats are the most comfy I have ever experienced. I also love the 5 speed as it is very smooth and adds to the performance greatly. European drivers know that variants(wagons) are extremely versatile without sacraficing performance. V70 is roomy, practical, sporty, fun to drive and classy.

Best Family Wagon
By Dave801 on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We've had the non turbo automatic version for 1.5 years. Its a very smooth touring car, I think its the best wagon available at a near reasonable price. Quite comfortable although the seats are only OK, those in my other 3 European cars all fit me better (tall/slim). Overall its been an excellent reliable car with just a few minor design issues.

02 Volvo 2.4A SR in NC
By palms on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We just bought the car yesterday. We have two children under the age of two so safety and room are most important for us. My wife loves the quietness of the car...(compared to the '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee we drive them in now). We felt we got a great car at a great price...$28000 with leather, sunroof, touring, auto trans, and 10 disc CD. We hope happiness continues.

My First Wagon and Loving It!!!!
By SavannahRunner on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Get the Turbo Get the Turbo Get the Turbo!!!!! I am 33 and was not ready for a "family car", but my younger brother just bought his second Volvo and convinced me to check them out. I drove the non turbo and the turbo model - did I mention Get The Turbo? I would suggest driving both models to see for yourself. I also got the upgraded 17" wheels. They look great, handle awesome, and give it the sport wagon look (But on rough roads can be a little harsh). So far I have had it for a month and still have a smile everytime I drive it. I am hoping for a long and supportive relationship with Volvo.

New Car!
By woodchuckscout on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Just bought a 2.4 model with premium package. I was worried about the reliability of the turbos after a few years of use, so I just went with the 2.4 base model. It's not very powerful, but here in LA, there aren't many hills to climb.

great car!
By Jiajing on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my V70 2.4T 2 weeks ago. I have enjoyed every aspect of it. It is so easy to drive. You just need a very light tap to make it stop and go. Very comfortable.

T5 for practical enjoyment.
By BioWhiz on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The ability to go from automatic to manual transmission, flawlessly, at any speed has brought enjoyment (fun) back to driving. Although a mid-size wagon, once inside, you are never reminded of that fact. It handles in a very responsive way and if anything, is a bit too peppy. You MUST use the cruise control or you will be driving on a ticket from the local/state police.