2002 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
'02 2.4 ASR in WDC
By KKC&JLC on 03/10/05 17:44 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Wife's car - has 25K miles. Bought new in early '03 before baby arrived (needed safer vehicle w/more cargo space); got great deal w/yr end clearance - chose over preowned '01 V70 for same price, 13K miles, & less options. Premium & Touring packages - Leather, sunroof, 16"alloys, 3rd seat, laminated glass . . . great car overall. Looks like the NHTSA finally crash tested the V70 for frontal and side impacts - 5 stars all the way around! Only problem thus far has been a burned out power lock motor in rear door (under warranty) and a burned out headlight (replaced myself). Will look at an XC90 next for more space . . . but will wait until the bugs are worked out from the first few yr

Loved it but now regret it!!!
By oberg24 on 01/13/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have to say that I loved the car the moment I bought it. However once the warranty ran out the problems began. We now have to replace the radiator which has a slow leak. We have to now replace the steering rods and bushings.I have never had to replace steering rods at 57K miles on any of my past cars. There are a few other things that happened from day one that were never properly taken care of. I believe that Volvo should at least offer to help cover the expenses. Our local dealership has not been helpful at all.The Volvo cars of America has not been helpful as well.I bought the Volvo thinking that I would drive it forever but now I don't believe that will be the case!

Luxury, Safety, and Utility-- Volvo V70
By Tracy Boswell on 12/10/04 21:59 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car has surpassed my expectations! Whenever I have to rent a car, whether it is a new SUV, minivan, or luxury sedan, I am always delighted to return home to my Volvo V70. It drives smoothly, yet you can still feel the road to assist with driving decisions. It handles beautifully in all types of weather. And it has an extremely comfortable interior--especially the leather seats! I will definitley be a repeat Volvo owner!

Great Wagon but no room for carseats
By smujmu on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased this wagon with 3rd row seat. A dream to drive on a 2500 cross country trip - no driver fatigue as seats are very comfy. No repair issues to date. My one complaint as a mother of young children is the difficulty in installing a third carseat or booster. GET THE integrated booster seats. Back seat has little leg room - no a biggie for hauling kids, but seating and seatbelt spacing in middle position is narrow making it just about impossible to fit a 3rd carseat in back seat. You cannot use child restraint in 3rd seat. We did not opt for the integrated booster seats - and found they area VERY expensive to add in later.

Turbo wagon rating
By jthomas on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Outstanding overall quality. Only required one minor warranty service in first 18 months. Suprising fuel economy for full sized vehicle. Neat interior features for hauling dogs, camping gear, etc. Integrated roof rack makes it easy to customize to carry toys. Highly recommended!!!

Excellent Choice
By stjean on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have a 2 year old, and safety was the primary reason for selecting a V70. Very comfortable ride, especially on extended trips. Never thought I would every own a station wagon, but a V70 is more than just a station wagon. I never considered any other. Have received a lot of compliments at my choice.

V70 - VERY VERSATILE
By mansel on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 13 months and had put 15500 miles on it thus far. It is by far the most comfortable car I've owned. I've driven it on several 11 hour trips without incurring my usual backache. (which is what I would of had with all the other cars I've owned.) overall I love this car but it hasn't been without its problems. nothing serious mind you but I've been to the dealer for repairs 3 times in 12 months.

Great multi-purpose machine
By galet on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

A great looking, sporty, responsive wagon. Lots of head and leg room with space for the grandkids and all their "things".

Best Car We Ever Bought!
By WestHillsMom on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Since our family has expanded to 2 children we were looking for a safe family vehicle and opted for a Volvo Wagon instead of the typical SUV. Our V70 feels solid/safe, looks classy, and drives great!

Two Thumbs down
By Rich's saturn on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've had this car for approx 8 months and it has been in the shop six times. Several times for a squeaking front end (never fixed), a burned out power lock motor, a bad power window motor and a leaking power steering pump. What's next. This is the first car I've owned that is not Japanese. What a mistake. Next time I'll buy a Honda.