2002 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Loved it but now regret it!!!
By oberg24 on 01/13/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have to say that I loved the car the moment I bought it. However once the warranty ran out the problems began. We now have to replace the radiator which has a slow leak. We have to now replace the steering rods and bushings.I have never had to replace steering rods at 57K miles on any of my past cars. There are a few other things that happened from day one that were never properly taken care of. I believe that Volvo should at least offer to help cover the expenses. Our local dealership has not been helpful at all.The Volvo cars of America has not been helpful as well.I bought the Volvo thinking that I would drive it forever but now I don't believe that will be the case!

Turbo wagon rating
By jthomas on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Outstanding overall quality. Only required one minor warranty service in first 18 months. Suprising fuel economy for full sized vehicle. Neat interior features for hauling dogs, camping gear, etc. Integrated roof rack makes it easy to customize to carry toys. Highly recommended!!!

Great multi-purpose machine
By galet on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

A great looking, sporty, responsive wagon. Lots of head and leg room with space for the grandkids and all their "things".

My First Wagon and Loving It!!!!
By SavannahRunner on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Get the Turbo Get the Turbo Get the Turbo!!!!! I am 33 and was not ready for a "family car", but my younger brother just bought his second Volvo and convinced me to check them out. I drove the non turbo and the turbo model - did I mention Get The Turbo? I would suggest driving both models to see for yourself. I also got the upgraded 17" wheels. They look great, handle awesome, and give it the sport wagon look (But on rough roads can be a little harsh). So far I have had it for a month and still have a smile everytime I drive it. I am hoping for a long and supportive relationship with Volvo.

Saab or Volvo Wagon
By Russell Schwartz on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We were considering the Saab Wagon vs the Volvo V70 24T. The two were very similar but after driving a Saab 93, we opted to try the Volvo. In the end, we are very very happy. It drive incredibly well, has great pick up (you need the turbo), and is very comfortable. I do miss some of the extras that were standard on the Saab, butthe driving experience more than makes up for it.