2002 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
I love my VOLVO!
By KxVx on 03/23/09 23:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased my Volvo because I was familiar with the reliably of the brand, as my first car was a 240 DL. I've been very happy with it, and it gets great gas mileage for a car with such get-up-and-go.

Fabulous and Fun V70
By MaineTrees on 01/07/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

After 4 years and 50K+ miles I still love this car. It is a joy to drive. Seat comfort is superb. I can drive for hours with no back ache. Braking system is superb. This is the non-turbo model and has plenty of pep with the 5 speed auto transmission. 32 MPG highway at 70 mph. About 22-23 in the city. Repairs and scheduled maint are expensive at the dealer!! Find a good independent garage and stick to the maintenance schedule. You will save lots of $$. Change the trans fluid every 40K miles, the claimed lifetime trans fluid interval is baloney. The cost of a new tranny will make you cry!

Buyer Beware!!!
By Tim on 09/09/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We bought this car with 32k miles on it in 2004. We bought a certified pre- owned Volvo which extended the warranty to 100,000 miles. It cost $1,500 extra (at least that's what the dealer said). I'm glad that we got the extended warranty because we needed it approximately 12-15 times in 3 years of ownership for major repairs. I've never had so many problems with any car that I've ever owned. Most of the problems were related to vaious sensors on the car and the car went into sort of a limp mode on 2 or 3 occasions which reallty caused a lot of worry about getting stranded on the side of the road. We got rid of it and bought a new Toyota Sienna. Volvo is by far the worst car I've ever owned.

Best Car Ever
By USArmy ChiefWO3 on 10/31/06 16:54 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is our 3 Volvo and it's my favorite. When I was 12 yo, I almost lost my Mom in a car accident and I thought to myself "when I grow up I'll buy the safest car in the market so my kids won't have experience such sadness" Well, I'm now a mother of two and I love to put my kids in the car. I know I'm driving them around not only in comfort buy Safe. We all love it. My husband doesn't usually like to drive but since we bought this V70 we have made trips up to ten hours and I tell you what an experience. I wish everyone could drive this car.

I would buy it again!!!!!!!!!!
By Lorenzo on 12/09/05 01:51 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great car, bought it for me but wife felt in love with it and stole it! Great stability, precise steering at any speed. Super comfortable front seats. Back seats to narrow and not enough leg room especially if the driver has long legs like mine (I am 6'2"). Great car stereo. Great horn. Great brake system, very safe car. The 2.5 is and adequate engine, altough I recommend T or superior engine if you like a better picup. Very elegant!!

'02 2.4 ASR in WDC
By KKC&JLC on 03/10/05 17:44 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Wife's car - has 25K miles. Bought new in early '03 before baby arrived (needed safer vehicle w/more cargo space); got great deal w/yr end clearance - chose over preowned '01 V70 for same price, 13K miles, & less options. Premium & Touring packages - Leather, sunroof, 16"alloys, 3rd seat, laminated glass . . . great car overall. Looks like the NHTSA finally crash tested the V70 for frontal and side impacts - 5 stars all the way around! Only problem thus far has been a burned out power lock motor in rear door (under warranty) and a burned out headlight (replaced myself). Will look at an XC90 next for more space . . . but will wait until the bugs are worked out from the first few yr

Luxury, Safety, and Utility-- Volvo V70
By Tracy Boswell on 12/10/04 21:59 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car has surpassed my expectations! Whenever I have to rent a car, whether it is a new SUV, minivan, or luxury sedan, I am always delighted to return home to my Volvo V70. It drives smoothly, yet you can still feel the road to assist with driving decisions. It handles beautifully in all types of weather. And it has an extremely comfortable interior--especially the leather seats! I will definitley be a repeat Volvo owner!

Great Wagon but no room for carseats
By smujmu on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased this wagon with 3rd row seat. A dream to drive on a 2500 cross country trip - no driver fatigue as seats are very comfy. No repair issues to date. My one complaint as a mother of young children is the difficulty in installing a third carseat or booster. GET THE integrated booster seats. Back seat has little leg room - no a biggie for hauling kids, but seating and seatbelt spacing in middle position is narrow making it just about impossible to fit a 3rd carseat in back seat. You cannot use child restraint in 3rd seat. We did not opt for the integrated booster seats - and found they area VERY expensive to add in later.

Excellent Choice
By stjean on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have a 2 year old, and safety was the primary reason for selecting a V70. Very comfortable ride, especially on extended trips. Never thought I would every own a station wagon, but a V70 is more than just a station wagon. I never considered any other. Have received a lot of compliments at my choice.

V70 - VERY VERSATILE
By mansel on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 13 months and had put 15500 miles on it thus far. It is by far the most comfortable car I've owned. I've driven it on several 11 hour trips without incurring my usual backache. (which is what I would of had with all the other cars I've owned.) overall I love this car but it hasn't been without its problems. nothing serious mind you but I've been to the dealer for repairs 3 times in 12 months.