2002 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
I love my VOLVO!
By KxVx on 03/23/09 23:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased my Volvo because I was familiar with the reliably of the brand, as my first car was a 240 DL. I've been very happy with it, and it gets great gas mileage for a car with such get-up-and-go.

Fabulous and Fun V70
By MaineTrees on 01/07/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

After 4 years and 50K+ miles I still love this car. It is a joy to drive. Seat comfort is superb. I can drive for hours with no back ache. Braking system is superb. This is the non-turbo model and has plenty of pep with the 5 speed auto transmission. 32 MPG highway at 70 mph. About 22-23 in the city. Repairs and scheduled maint are expensive at the dealer!! Find a good independent garage and stick to the maintenance schedule. You will save lots of $$. Change the trans fluid every 40K miles, the claimed lifetime trans fluid interval is baloney. The cost of a new tranny will make you cry!

Eats Wheel Bearings
By run4fun12 on 11/04/08 04:14 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car has had 6 wheel bearing replacements in 130,000 miles. Spoke of record with an engineer at bearing supplier. Said the bearings are not adequate for parts of North American market. Inner wheels fill with mud and harden creating vibration when driving. I don't recommend this car if you live or travel on dirt roads.

Buyer Beware!!!
By Tim on 09/09/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We bought this car with 32k miles on it in 2004. We bought a certified pre- owned Volvo which extended the warranty to 100,000 miles. It cost $1,500 extra (at least that's what the dealer said). I'm glad that we got the extended warranty because we needed it approximately 12-15 times in 3 years of ownership for major repairs. I've never had so many problems with any car that I've ever owned. Most of the problems were related to vaious sensors on the car and the car went into sort of a limp mode on 2 or 3 occasions which reallty caused a lot of worry about getting stranded on the side of the road. We got rid of it and bought a new Toyota Sienna. Volvo is by far the worst car I've ever owned.

Great Car!!
By netguy5000 on 04/14/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fantastic, at 59000 miles with nothing but tires and oil changes, it still runs great. I'd recommend it to anyone. The rear seven for 7 passengers is a great feature too.

Love My Volvo
By Volvo Saved My Life on 02/20/07 10:28 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After my prior Volvo V70 AWD wagon was squashed by a truck that went airborne on top of it, and I lived through it, I had to have another one. I went out of state to get a rare combo, V70 with AWD (not an XC) plus the nav system. I have been extremely happy with this car, my 4th Volvo. The nav system rises up out of the dash, so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. It's great on snow and ice, with amazing braking power, it's gorgeous, and it gets good gas mileage. You have to keep it in alignment, or the AWD will go through tires. It's also a little too polite about letting you know you're low on gas. Keep it aligned and gassed up and you'll love this car.

works for me
By wagon lover on 01/11/07 14:16 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Even with a few glitches, I'd rather drive this sporty European wagon than any of its bland Japanese or American competitors, and none of them can hold five kids. Bought used last winter. Had a few gremlins in front suspension, but local dealership did great job of diagnosing and fixing. No problems since then after 10k miles city driving. No complaints about dealer service, but not cheap. Car is fun to drive; handles beautifully on turns, accelerates quickly, and cruises smoothly at supra-legal highway speeds. Not that I drive like that. Big turning radius hasn't been an issue. Lots of features, marvelous seats, and a kickin' stereo make long drives a pleasure.

Best Car Ever
By USArmy ChiefWO3 on 10/31/06 16:54 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is our 3 Volvo and it's my favorite. When I was 12 yo, I almost lost my Mom in a car accident and I thought to myself "when I grow up I'll buy the safest car in the market so my kids won't have experience such sadness" Well, I'm now a mother of two and I love to put my kids in the car. I know I'm driving them around not only in comfort buy Safe. We all love it. My husband doesn't usually like to drive but since we bought this V70 we have made trips up to ten hours and I tell you what an experience. I wish everyone could drive this car.

Why buy an SUV?
By kiddie car pool dad on 03/03/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Had to get a 7-seat vehicle for the school car pool, but wife hasn't yet figured out that I didn't get a T5 just for the nice seats. Bought used with 50K miles two weeks ago. This car has great power, but don't punch the accellerator unless you really mean it. Has every safety feature available on any new car and a superb stereo. The gas tank is ridiculously big; driven from Memphis to DC (around 850 miles) on less than two tanks of gas. Lots of thoughtful features on mine: integrated second row child boosters; built-in second row tray table with cup holders; built-in cargo compartment divider; clever rear-facing third row seats that my kids adore; electronic child-proof door locks.

I would buy it again!!!!!!!!!!
By Lorenzo on 12/09/05 01:51 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great car, bought it for me but wife felt in love with it and stole it! Great stability, precise steering at any speed. Super comfortable front seats. Back seats to narrow and not enough leg room especially if the driver has long legs like mine (I am 6'2"). Great car stereo. Great horn. Great brake system, very safe car. The 2.5 is and adequate engine, altough I recommend T or superior engine if you like a better picup. Very elegant!!