2002 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Great Car!!
By netguy5000 on 04/14/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fantastic, at 59000 miles with nothing but tires and oil changes, it still runs great. I'd recommend it to anyone. The rear seven for 7 passengers is a great feature too.

works for me
By wagon lover on 01/11/07 14:16 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Even with a few glitches, I'd rather drive this sporty European wagon than any of its bland Japanese or American competitors, and none of them can hold five kids. Bought used last winter. Had a few gremlins in front suspension, but local dealership did great job of diagnosing and fixing. No problems since then after 10k miles city driving. No complaints about dealer service, but not cheap. Car is fun to drive; handles beautifully on turns, accelerates quickly, and cruises smoothly at supra-legal highway speeds. Not that I drive like that. Big turning radius hasn't been an issue. Lots of features, marvelous seats, and a kickin' stereo make long drives a pleasure.

Why buy an SUV?
By kiddie car pool dad on 03/03/06 14:13 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Had to get a 7-seat vehicle for the school car pool, but wife hasn't yet figured out that I didn't get a T5 just for the nice seats. Bought used with 50K miles two weeks ago. This car has great power, but don't punch the accellerator unless you really mean it. Has every safety feature available on any new car and a superb stereo. The gas tank is ridiculously big; driven from Memphis to DC (around 850 miles) on less than two tanks of gas. Lots of thoughtful features on mine: integrated second row child boosters; built-in second row tray table with cup holders; built-in cargo compartment divider; clever rear-facing third row seats that my kids adore; electronic child-proof door locks.

Quality is disappointing
By virginia_dad on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We've had this car for nearly two years and would not buy another. Have had a series of electrical problems -- bulbs constantly shorting out, headlights failing -- and other assorted problems. Service has been mediocre and overpriced. Sport tires are expensive and loud -- not a quiet ride at all. We've owned Volvo's for 10 years now and recently bought an Acura MDX as our "family car" and have been much happier with the quality and performance

THE PERFECT WAGON
By T5bruce on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The Volvo V70 T5 wagon is the perfect blend of family hauler and sports/touring vehicle. The V70 is an extremely handsome, well designed vehicle and is significantly more refined than previous generations of Volvo wagons. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever experienced, handling is excellent and acceleration is exhilerating.

T5 for practical enjoyment.
By BioWhiz on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The ability to go from automatic to manual transmission, flawlessly, at any speed has brought enjoyment (fun) back to driving. Although a mid-size wagon, once inside, you are never reminded of that fact. It handles in a very responsive way and if anything, is a bit too peppy. You MUST use the cruise control or you will be driving on a ticket from the local/state police.

Great T5!!
By jeffandr100 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Sport trimmed seats were definitely appreciated in the T5 as the side bolsters are much better than the standard seats (just take a curve quickly in a v70 with standard seats and compare). 17" rims/tires were a very decent deal for $500 extra (compare to buying this aftermarket). Safety features much appreciated. Dynamic stability control was a must when I made this purchase, great for peace of mind in wet driving. Seemingly very stable, stiff chassis. Wife loves it.

THE BEST VALUE ON THE MARKET
By daryp on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I NEVER TOUGHT THAT VOLVO WOULD BE SUCH A FUN TO DRIVE. LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A MANUAL T5 AND I LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT THIS YEAR I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE. THIS TIME AROUND FULLY LOADED. THERE IS ONE THING I REALLY MISS ABOUT THE PREVIUOS ONE; THE STICK SHIFT. IT REALLY ENHANCES THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CAR. ALTHOUGH, NOW I HAVE GEARTRONIC, IT'S NOT THE SAME AS MANUAL. BOTTOM LINE: YOU CAN TAKE THIS CAR ANYWHERE WHITHOUT HAVING TO WARY ABOUT MAKING POSITIVE IMPRESSIONS.

Who needs an SUV?
By PJ on 03/18/02 12:51 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent value. Looks great. Great driving vehicle. Avg. about 22mpg around town. Seats are the most comfortable I have ever owned. High-pressure turbo throws you back in your seat. Holds the whole family (and the dog) in comfort and safety.

My first Volvo
By W. Horne on 03/17/02 11:41 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Quality good looking car and for the money very view can compete. Year and a half old and only a couple minor problems. Passenger side shoulder harness did not work and stillhas problems. It is by far the most comfortable car I have ever driven. 500 miles a day in this is OK even with my back. I would definitely buy another.