2001 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: volvo 2001

2001 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

2.4M Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

volvo 2001
By alex on

2001 Volvo V70 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought a Volvo when my wife told me she was pregnant for a 3 rd time, 3 kids I tough Volvo would deliver. Transmission problem than the heater radiator broke got it change now it stinks like hell when I put the heat on and it leaks oil too bad because it is comfortable and nice but I don't know if I'm going to keep it now I have a message that says check brake lights I look at them and they don't work so I change the bulbs and still don't work what should I do?

By thevolvophile
on 08/08/15 19:24 PM (PDT)

I have a 2001 V70 T5 with Geartronic. Just purchased it on 07/08/2015 with 132K miles for $3K. 1 brake light and parking light did not work despite new bulbs. Issue is that the sockets can get messed up. I adjusted the contacts in the socket and reinstalled bulbs and viola we had lights. Alternatively you can pick up sockets in the junkyard for less than $1 and just swap sockets. A few piddly things broken like the glovebox shock, again Junkyard replacement was $3.