01 V70 T5 Geartronic/ Auto
By cub740 on
2001 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)
Bought my V70 T5 Automatic 2 years ago not knowing the bad rep the car has. No wonder the price is pretty low. In 2 years, i put in 50K miles with total support from Volvo specialist for a routine maintenance and to tackle to 'usual' problem. It has been maintained with full synthetic at the specialist (NOT JIFFY LUBE) who knows this car in and out. Car has been served me well but it does cost a lot to maintain this car. But when you compare this wagon to a BMW / AUDI/ Mercedes wagon, then volvo still cheaper than those germans. Don't compare these cars with your HONDA or TOYOTA. Compare Euro to Euro not to the Japs. Your idea of cheap maintenance, get a honda/toyota. Problems below*
Favorite Features
Totally love the seat, functionality , total luxury without being flashy as BMW/ Benz. Great MPG as I get Max 32 MPG on total interstate driving. Combined City/Highway 24MPG. Dynamic stability traction control is great on ice/ snow and emergency maneuver. Fold down seat to a cavernous space.
Suggested Improvements
*problems/Maintenance (at Volvo specialist) : on my 2 yrs of ownership, Driver door module (parts/labor $600) / Engine mounts top,bottom (common probs / parts/labor) $400, Required Transmission service every 20K miles to prolong the transmission life $100/ service. Oxigen sensor/ emission issues roughly $300 for some various parts. Key point : Take good care of the car, it ll take care of you. Don't just take it to a lube job, take it to a specialist who knows the car in/out. Auto trans, be gentle, let the trans engage then accelarate. Let turbo engine spool down after a long drive before turn off the car. I love my V70 T5 so will you.