2001 Volvo V70 2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Often Love This Car

2001 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

2001 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

T5 Wagon (2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Often Love This Car
By Margaret Treat on

2001 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Have owned this since new. I enjoy the comfort of the ride and the saftey features. The car has never broken down on me. I travel cross country alone and even camp in it. It's solid. I have had to replace the top motor mount, mass air flow, lots of headlight and tail light bulbs, the electronic throttle and the temp sensor for the heater. But the car has 150,000 miles on it. The motor doesn't use a drop of oil. I have used Mobile 1 in it since break in. The car is amazing on icy and snow packed roads. I often say I love the car and have kept it longer than my cars in the past. But repairs are expensive and I hate the dealership. With no other dealership close, I would not buy another one.

Favorite Features

Seats and leg room. Car height= easy entry and exit, not top heavy. Handles well in high wind conditions. Long enough to sleep in back. Comfort for 4 or 5 people and room for luggage. Decent gas mileage. Excellent engine, lots of power. Starts in below zero weather easily. Solid body.

Suggested Improvements

Have the Swedes build it again. I owned a Volvo back in 1970. Amazing car. Still decent, but not as durable suspension, and electrical as the old ones.