Do people even know how to maintain a vehicle anymore, love my volvo
By derove on
2001 Volvo V70 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
so i bought my volvo new in 2001 and i am currently at 400,000 miles, what did i do, i changed the oil every 4k miles, changed the timing belt every 105k miles, i did have to fix the gas gauge cause the bobber in the fuel tank was stuck, and let me think what else oh i needed to put a new cd player in it bought it a stock one from ebay for 50 bucks, people are just stupid you cant just drive a car and expect it to last without normal matanice, you guys complain ill be back when mine reaches a million miles and thats my word.
Favorite Features
everything
Suggested Improvements
gas mileage
By 1stimefather
on 03/31/13 09:31 AM (PDT)

Hello, I am looking to purchase a 2001 Volvo V70 XC (cars.com) it has about 70K mileage and after reading your review I was curious. Can I please request some additional information from you, specifically cost of repair and service and your experience with Gas cost, is it stop& go or mostly Highway?

By trixkid
on 05/31/13 16:32 PM (PDT)

Your headline is obnoxious. I also did all those things you mention however, my 2001 V70T5 is on it's THIRD transmission at 64K miles. Even the Volvo service dealer acknowledges that I maintained the car perfectly.