2001 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Better Than Average

2001 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

T5 Wagon (2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Better Than Average
By TEF on

2001 Volvo V70 T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Special ordered thru Diplomat Sales program with 5-Spd MANUAL transmission and cloth interior. Over the last 10 years, I've replaced only brake pads/rotors, timing belt and one emission component. Obviously having a manual transmission, spared me the universal problems associated with auto transmissions, but the car has been very dependable by any measure. Other than brakes and rotors that I replaced myself, total repairs by dealers and/or privite shops since 2001 total less than $1,000.

Car is great in snow and seats make long trips comfortable. I would have prefered more legoom in rear, but the vehicle has plenty of room for front- seat passengers and cargo. In fact, no one makes more comfortable seats than Volvo. Gas mileage too, is not bad for its size.

Relative to what's now available in marketplace, my 2001 V70 is quite dated and so are the vehicles currently sold by Volvo, so this one is likely my last.