AS EXPECTED AND BETTER!
By mrsimpson on
2001 Volvo V70 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
First, after much review perhaps the XC models have far more problems than the 2.4T V70. I am at 124,000 and this car is the most comfortable, reliable and all around best car to drive. I also own a 2008 Audi A4, and although the Audi is the prize, I lean more toward driving the Volvo ALL THE TIME! The only issue I had was the radiator modulator going bad, which ran me about 575 dollars and only because my friend is a mechanic! Volvo would have easily been a 1000 plus job! But you know the parts are pricey, find a trusting local guy or do the regular maintenence yourself, it pays! That said I commute just shy of 90 miles a day and this car runs so smooth it is a pure joy. Also good on gas!
Favorite Features
Favorites are the heated seats in winter, ice cold A/C in summer, SMOOTHE RIDE!, Fuel economy for a wagon is excellent, the POWER of the turbo is fantastic also, you will move when you want to and no one will even suspect it out of this somewhat unaspicious, less assuming beauty. Safety is also great, take a look behind you when you drive the wagon and you will realize, if one day some genius is texting or drunk driving and rams you from behind (enter joke here) then you will be more likely to be aok. The storage is better than most SUVs also!
Suggested Improvements
Heat controls get funny, you have to adjust (this is a common flaw) but once you get it down, it becomes a part of this cars character strangely enough.