Used 2001 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Work on it yourself!!!
By Backyard Swede Mech

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a good car that gets a bad rap. The tranny has a $19 fix from IPD to fix the hard into and out of 3rd shifts, and missing 3rd all together. The ETM should be replaced with one from xemodex in Canada. They have a mod that turns them into a lifetime unit. Although it is $550. Those two things will cover 90% of the complaints.

All of them.

Excellent Car!!! Safety First!
By Volvo V70 -Excellent

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am surprised at reading some negative reviews. My Volvo has been great without any of the problems mentioned. Its great on gas mileage, has a reliable engine and transmission and most importantly it is safe for my kids. We have made long trips and our Volvo has been a delight. Volvo forever!

Design, interior, exterior. Good Gas mileage.

Often Love This Car
By Margaret Treat

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Have owned this since new. I enjoy the comfort of the ride and the saftey features. The car has never broken down on me. I travel cross country alone and even camp in it. It's solid. I have had to replace the top motor mount, mass air flow, lots of headlight and tail light bulbs, the electronic throttle and the temp sensor for the heater. But the car has 150,000 miles on it. The motor doesn't use a drop of oil. I have used Mobile 1 in it since break in. The car is amazing on icy and snow packed roads. I often say I love the car and have kept it longer than my cars in the past. But repairs are expensive and I hate the dealership. With no other dealership close, I would not buy another one.

Seats and leg room. Car height= easy entry and exit, not top heavy. Handles well in high wind conditions. Long enough to sleep in back. Comfort for 4 or 5 people and room for luggage. Decent gas mileage. Excellent engine, lots of power. Starts in below zero weather easily. Solid body.

Have the Swedes build it again. I owned a Volvo back in 1970. Amazing car. Still decent, but not as durable suspension, and electrical as the old ones.

8th volvo and last volvo, sadly.
By gav

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The cup holders are handy whilst waiting for the tow truck! Gearbox has new surprises every time you drive it. ETM is an affront to our collective dignity, electrics are poor, fuel system must have been designed at Lada by the accounts lady after a bit night on the Stolle! Maintenance costs are quite severe and plentiful. After 7 previous volvos all with outstanding reliability, function and longevity it saddens me that a company could transmogrify into producing such a failure of a vehicle. When not being repaired or diagnosed, it's fast and safe with ample room and functionality, but it now drains my wallet, energy and faith in what i considered to be the best manufactured vehicles ever.

7 seats, stereo, brakes, ergonomics and safety.

I love this car!
By Annie

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Presently at 93,000 miles. Yes I have had the odd quirky issue, but the only major item was a radiator replacement. Transmission has been fine and 'baby' runs quite well. I use my wagon to transport mulch, stone, plants in the summer and she's always been a jewel. I love this wagon and plan on keeping for a very very long time.

Safety!!! Creature comforts: Heated seats are wonderful. Radio excellent. Whole passenger compartment was / is well designed.

Cannot start the car, lock it, and leave it running in the driveway to warm up during winter. If I am not in the seat while the car is running, the doors will not lock. Talked to Volvo dealership about this, there is no way around.