2001 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
pretty good
By mattm on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Overall it's been a pretty good car.The 2 problems are replacing lights constently and road noise. Other than that it has been economical and reliable.

Buy extended warantee
By esw62 on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car has been a severe dissapointment. I know most people write bad reviews so take this for what it is worth. We have had numerous problems with this car. Gremlin electrical problems, electrical motors in windows, trunk and door locks, I have replace at least 6 signal lights and head lamps twice. Sway bar bushing replaced, $275. Emission system is showing error codes and is soon to need work. Replaced temp stat and temp control. Engine is looking like it may need some major work.

T5
By volvo lover on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Love this wagon . Had 850T5 love that one . no one can do a wagon like VOLVO.

far better than a minivan
By murraycat on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We replaced a GM minivan of dubious quality with this. The turbo makes it feel more like a performance sedan. Roomy back seat and lots of cargo space. The free 6 yr/100k mi Volvo Certified Used Car warranty is terrific. The dealer recently replaces some working lightbulbs with new ones, for free (apperently lightbulbs have been an issue.) We plan to drive this car 'til it wears out, then go back for another.

My Volvo
By JPaulM, on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

It is fun car to drive and its is very safe. Holds the road in all types of weather. It has 46,000 miles, most of which has been on super highways. The both front seats have heaters The average yearly miles estimated at 15.300.miles. The interior is both cloth and leather and all in excellent condition. It has a Turbo engine and offers a great pick-up. The engine produces 45K RPM

Ford, stop messing around with VOLVO
By yolanda on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The car is pretty reliable only in Dec 03 and Jan 04 I was left stranded and it was due to the battery, somehow I needed a new one. The quality of the interior of the car could be much better. The carpeting in the front of the car is always stiking out, it was like this since day one, I complained, but to no avail. The outside driver mirror shakes when you hit 50 plus, that just got fixed this week after many trips to the dealer. Other than cosmetics I would have to say that it is reliable.

first volvo minor problems
By hjk15087 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon XC AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

First volvo ever owned, bought it for safety and comfort, performance pretty good, would like to see more storage space for front cabin. had some minor issues with the remote entry was fixed under warranty, great service dept at Turner Volvo. had to replace several light bulbs the past few months. have owned vehicle for three years, thinking up upgrading to XC90 for more space for the family. the tire noise has become very noisy at highway speeds.

Great car with some problems
By j lion on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Love my car. It has had a good number of repairs over its lifetime. some attributed to high mileage and a lot of driving time. Some to what I believe to be poor design. The transmission has been our biggest issue. It has had issues with slipping in and out of gear. Overall I would buy another

Love this Vehicle!
By Tavares on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon XC AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

First Volvo we have ever owned. Bought it because of its looks and safety record. Have owned it now for over 3 years and, granted I only drive about 4000 miles per year, but we have not had any trouble with it. Take it for service to Volvo of Tacoma (WA) and their service dept. is outstanding. They go out of their way to make sure we are satisfied. Only repair was to a rattling passenger seatbelt which was fixed under warranty. Loved the car so much we bought two more Volvo's for our kids to drive!

Top marks
By jadams on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon T5 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This is undoubtedly the best car I've ever owned (including other Volvos, Audis, BMWs, etc.). It blends comfort , style, functionality, and responsiveness in just the right measure. I've had no problem to speak of in over two years. By picking the car up in Sweden (a great deal), I was able to get a stick shift, which only enhances its sports car feel.