Used 2001 Volvo V70 2.4M Wagon Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

VOLVO IT A VOLVO
By Dale Webster

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Love the looks it is what I want in a car it is a Volvo that is all you have to say VOLVO

Best Car I'll ever own
By Bruce McNally

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I paid more for my 2001 V70 2.3 (manual trannie(but with just about every extra available) than I ever had for anything - 20K with 37K miles. It just turned 240,000 and has gotten me from NYC to Merida, L.A., Portland, New Orleans (yearly), Florida you name it - snow, ice, rain & wind, in great comfort, style and if I could figure out how to keep this car for the rest of my life I'd do it. It ain't cheap but you've gotta find great (not dealer) mechanics and sometimes buy your own parts online. I do understand the auto trannie in these first years sucked and have friends with those problems, but otherwise *****

Heated seats & seats themselves, sound system, handling, mileage (30 highway), overall reliability, exterior design (mine's Moondust then had a black leather interior installed), CARGO CAPACITY, room for me and 3 dogs to sleep, power (that's the 5-speed)

Rear legroom, road clearance (I had to finally have mine jacked up - what with NYC and NO road conditions - went through 3 radiators)

volvo 2001
By alex

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought a Volvo when my wife told me she was pregnant for a 3 rd time, 3 kids I tough Volvo would deliver. Transmission problem than the heater radiator broke got it change now it stinks like hell when I put the heat on and it leaks oil too bad because it is comfortable and nice but I don't know if I'm going to keep it now I have a message that says check brake lights I look at them and they don't work so I change the bulbs and still don't work what should I do?

reliability

Great car until you hit 100K
By johng

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my third Volvo. I loved it for the first 100K miles or so. After that, the thing starts to get really expensive to own. It seems like every electrical, fuel injection, and exhaust system has gone bad. New alternator, catalytic converter, several sensors, computer. Not the reliability of the first two cars. BTW, Bosch doesn't make anything that costs less than 200 dollars. If you plan to keep this car or buy a high mileage Volvo, make sure you have the money in the bank to fix it! Also, the leather they used in this thing looks like crap after about 75K of normal use.

Styling. Fuel economy, good road manners.

Better leather quality. Less costly to repair. Greater reliability.

Excellent Car!!! Safety First!
By Volvo V70 -Excellent

2001 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4M Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am surprised at reading some negative reviews. My Volvo has been great without any of the problems mentioned. Its great on gas mileage, has a reliable engine and transmission and most importantly it is safe for my kids. We have made long trips and our Volvo has been a delight. Volvo forever!

Design, interior, exterior. Good Gas mileage.