2000 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: no more volvos for me

2000 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

2000 Volvo V70

XC SE Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic)

no more volvos for me
By mls_intex on

2000 Volvo V70 XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

A friend showed me this site and wow how insightful! Guess I'm not alone with my endless Volvo problems; AC, throttle body control unit (which left my wife stranded), AC again, faulty air flow unit, (that took 4 trips to the dealer to fix) broken, CV joints, strut mounts @ 82k, numerous little things that have broken through normal use; cup holders both front and back, windows controls -every one has gone out -save the drivers unit, the list goes on... It also burns through tires (my wife drives it 80% of the time and she is a conservative driver) going through a set of yokohamas in half the warranted life (60k). I'm told that we are part of the Volvo 200 club -Every visit to the shop =$200!

The acceleration from 70-90 is excellent for single lane passing. The turbo lag is less noticeable at this speed, and it's also great for climbing in the mountains. Good long distance driving car, comfortable seats. Love the split dog cage/cargo option. The Cage gives the dog space -my lab loves it!

buy another make!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review