2000 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Don't do it!

2000 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

XC SE Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Don't do it!
By Bashstpaul on

2000 Volvo V70 XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Save yourself the trouble. This car isn't worth it. Last year alone (2007) I had over $7,000 in repair bills on this car. Total repairs have cost me over $18,000. Electrical, ABS Module, Brakes, Tranny, etc. etc. etc. Rear hatch panel keeps coming loose. Now the rear hatch won't lock. Keep thinking there's nothing left to go wrong. This dog keeps showing me how laughable that attitude is. Can't go 3 months without a shop visit. The absolute worst car I've ever owned.

When it's working this car is great! Comfort, cargo room that rivals SUVs, heated seats, turbo. Luxurious as all heck. Doesn't matter if it's not working though. I can afford to buy another Volvo. Just can't afford to keep one.

Back to the drawing board. Don't fix it. Redesign it. And yes, the ridiculous cupholder doesn't even belong in a child's toy car. Don't know if it's Ford's ownership or what, but I do know that a car that barely runs isn't much of a car.