2000 Volvo V70 2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Disappointed

2000 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

GLT Wagon (2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic)

Disappointed
By Louise on

2000 Volvo V70 GLT Turbo 4dr Wagon

Very disappointed with the reliability of this car. Have owned 4 Honda's - never a problem. Splurged on this used Volvo (same price as a new Accrord). I have had numerous bulbs go out, lic plate still out - too expensive to fix. Throttle body, sensor, trip computer switch, electric window and remote for key. THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on repairs in one year. Brakes pulsate sometimes when braking and I have had to stand on them twice to stop. SCARY. My next trip to service to deal with. But...I feel safe and that is why I put up with this expense. I commute 60 miles a day down "Blood Alley." It has not left me stranded, I've been able to limp to the shop.

Favorite Features

Trip computer a love. Awesome head rest, so comfortable. The get up and go on my turbo - it moves! Smoothe ride, feels solid.

Suggested Improvements

A lot of wasted space in front under dash area. Hate the cup holders!! Needs to be quieter, can hear the wind. Better communication for tech on reoccuring probelms for easier and cheaper repair!!