Disappointed
By Disappointed Owner on
2000 Volvo V70 SE 4dr Wagon
First European Car I have owned after 1 Honda and 3 Nissans. I am back to Japanese after this experience. Car purchased as a one year old car with 13,000 miles. Good safety features, design, and options features have been far outweighted by terrible mechanical failures, all after certified extended waranty expired. Failures included steering, electronic throttle control systems, master brake cylinder, driver's seat belt, front brake rotors, and front passenger electric window switch. Repair costs have exceeded $3,000. I have never owned a car that experienced major failures of critical drive train components. An now the car has several rattles. I would not recommend Volvo to anyone.
Favorite Features
The car is a nice size versus a larger SUV. Roof rack very easy to reach for attaching sports equipment. Comfortably carries a family of four with all gear for beach or skiing.
Suggested Improvements
As I only have 300 characters for this part of the review and I think the car has not at all lived up to its reputation, I would suggest Volvo go back to building a car that's as good as its reputation, because the 2000 Volvo V70 SE has been a major disappointment and I will not buy another Volvo.