2000 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Disappointed with 2000 V70XC S

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

Disappointed with 2000 V70XC SE
By Jarod Focha on

2000 Volvo V70 XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

We bought this vehicle when my wife and I decided to have kids for safety reasons. I bought it with only 42K on it. Dealership had just gone through it and I have the $2K receipt to prove it. Immediately I had problems with the front axle. My mechanic was able to get Volvo to pick up the $2K bill. When the vehicle hit 75K miles the car began falling apart. Turbo went out $2.5K. Car never drove the same after changing it out at the dealership. Shudders, runs rough. 2 months later the fuel pump went out another $2K. 1 month the axle and AWD need repair another $1K. When it goes it goes and nothing is cheap. Not your ideal vehicle if you cannot afford expensive, frequent repairs.

Before turbo went out ran like a dream. Very smooth, nice comfortable car until about 65K miles.

Higher quality parts that last longer than 60-70K miles. The dealership told me the turbos never go out and should last 150K+. Interior is cheap and falls apart also. Leather on side panels pulls away, panels come loose easily. A lot of front end problems with the AWD. SE=super expensive.