Used 2000 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

never again
By never again

2000 Volvo V70 XC 4dr Wagon AWD

We moved to Maine and thought we should have a volvo, Well, since we've owned it I have been stranded twice in BELGRADE LAKES, Maine- essentially in the middle of nowhere. We've had electrical problems, too many tires replaced and lots of little things- the seat adjustment mechanism broke off, the in-dash lighter fell into the center console (so no MP3 hook up for me!), the lights from the radio have gone out and the cup holder broke. So annoying for the money we shelled out. Will never drive a Volvo again. Not worth the price tag.

Favorite Features

leather seats, heated seats, solid driving

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders, improved electrical sensors, better tire wear!

Worst Car I Ever Had
By bdbest

2000 Volvo V70 XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Not even used cars I ever had gave me the problems this car did. Elegant and fun to drive, all that offset by its unreliability I had to tow it at least Two Dozen times. Its a shame.

Favorite Features

Style, very good seats

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, better upholstery work.

Personal Comments
By Keri

2000 Volvo V70 SE 4dr Wagon

Now that the car has reached 100,000 miles, it seems to be having more problems. First, the air conditioning stopped working and now the ETS light is coming on and I'm not sure what the problem is there yet. I haven't been happy with the dealership servicing, as they charge way too much for what they do.

A Mind Blowing Wagon
By Brad

2000 Volvo V70 SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used with 89,000 miles on the clock. This car has TOTALLY BLOWN ME AWAY! Probably the best handling wagon I've driven. Gets the same gas mileage as my old 4 cylinder Honda Accord. EXCEPTIONAL power (0-60 under 9 seconds) for a 2.5 litre, non turbo car with automatic. Better yet, it has been TOTALLY reliable in my 30,000 miles of ownership (YES, I drive a LOT :)) My only REAL complaint is the front cupholder that appears to be a toy out of a McDonald's Happy Meal. Also, I will probably go with a Turbo next time around since I do a fair amount of high altitude mountain driving. Although very peppy in normal driving, the engine DOES get short of breath past 4500 ft altitude.

Favorite Features

INCREDIBLE blend of performance and fuel economy. Plenty of space for the Newfoundland Dog. Did I mention mind blowing handling for station wagon? Like the 5 speed automatic trans.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the front cupholder, PLEASE! Could use one of Volvo's turbo engines above 4500 feet altitude.

Worst Car I have Ever Owned!!
By Bonnie

2000 Volvo V70 SE 4dr Wagon

This car has been a headache from the get-go. Dealer never fixed the MANY problems the first time in their shop. Had problems w/broken cup holder, electrical problems ALL the time. Had problem starting the car from day one, the dealer never fixed it after many attempts. Tranny clunked down-shifting couldn't fix that either. Rear hatch panel broke off cost $170 to fix a month later it came detached again. GET THIS, THEY TOLD ME I'M SLAMMING IT TOO HARD! Then the ECS light came on and felt as if the car was going to stall. Dealer didn't tell me this was covered under a class action law suit I had to discover this myself. Then they tell me I had to replace $3,000 worth of RULING-OUT parts before

Favorite Features

Volvo would repair my car. My husband asked if they wanted to buy the car from us and they said NO. No kidding! We got rid of it the next day. By the way there were many other little problems to many to mention. This car was the worst I have ever owned and will not own another Volvo or Ford, ever!