Used 2000 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Engine disaster
By daclasn

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

This is the 3rd Volvo I have owned, the other 2 being 240's. The car is comforable and drives great, but the engine has been a constant source of trouble. It has burned excessive oil since new..a quart every 500 miles. Volvo tested it and declared it "normal". Now that it is out of warranty, it is starting to burn valves, 3 so far and burning even more oil. The car is a disaster and Volvo's plan seems to be to get owners out of warranty then refuse to do anything to back up thier product. I will never buy another Volvo. They are not what they used to be!

Handling, comfortable seats

Support from Volvo. Better engine reliability.

Love it when it works!
By jeffnallyg

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car two years ago, and have spent in excess of $3000 on repairs!! I love the car, the way it looks, and the safety features. However, I never know what is going to fail next. We purchased a Volvo because of their excellent reputation, or so we thought. The transmission, ABS module, just to name a few major failures. If your ABS module fails search Victor Rocha volvo on google. Highly recommended, and saved us over $1000!

Do like the safety features. Feels very solid, and safe. Very comfortable to drive.

Don't do it!
By Bashstpaul

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Save yourself the trouble. This car isn't worth it. Last year alone (2007) I had over $7,000 in repair bills on this car. Total repairs have cost me over $18,000. Electrical, ABS Module, Brakes, Tranny, etc. etc. etc. Rear hatch panel keeps coming loose. Now the rear hatch won't lock. Keep thinking there's nothing left to go wrong. This dog keeps showing me how laughable that attitude is. Can't go 3 months without a shop visit. The absolute worst car I've ever owned.

When it's working this car is great! Comfort, cargo room that rivals SUVs, heated seats, turbo. Luxurious as all heck. Doesn't matter if it's not working though. I can afford to buy another Volvo. Just can't afford to keep one.

Back to the drawing board. Don't fix it. Redesign it. And yes, the ridiculous cupholder doesn't even belong in a child's toy car. Don't know if it's Ford's ownership or what, but I do know that a car that barely runs isn't much of a car.

Exceptional Value
By beaver

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Great family car! We have hauled kids, pets, furniture, you name it and this car has weathered it all fantastically. It has so much cargo space that I even hauled a washer and dryer in it. Very comfortable on long trips. I love the turbo. This car has never let me down. I got the extended warranty to 100,000 and have hardly had to use it for repairs. Always serviced and maintained at the dealership. I love the look of this car and I feel safe driving in it.

Roomy, comfy seats and lots of legroom. I love the trip computer and its many features. The third seat has saved us many times with hauling kids' friends around.

The cup holders are not too great.

Volvo Cross Country
By kathy

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC 4dr Wagon AWD

My friends call this car "the limo". Everyone loves to ride in it. Sit in the back to see why this car is so special.

Heated seats and power everything is the way to go!!!