2000 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Agree with "volvodriver"
By Spoiled Mom on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Same problem as "volvodriver" The clunking is REAL. Dealer can't duplicate it either. Headrest is too forward especially when my hear is tied back. Engine noise loud, especially when AC's on. Bought car for safety/reliablity, so far has lived up to expectations. Saved my life and two girls when I couldn't avoid running over tire tread at 80mph. With an 18 wheeler on my side I had no where to go but over it. Great breaking slowed us down quickly and car handled perfect leaving tire in the dust. Very scary! Won't drive anything else. But I have been eyeballing the XC90.

great features, poor reliability
By azxcr Paul on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Well, we are happy with the design and capacity, but it has been a major mechanical headache! Look closely at Volvo's used car reputation before you buy one and definitely get all the maintenance records. We have had engine problems (two pcv valves, gasket oil leak, numerous errorneous check engine lites), disc brake replacement (rear), electric lock issues (master actuator replaced 2x), steering noises (lube, lube, lube), and 2 minor recalls. After much complaining, Volvo offered to take the vehicle back off lease IF we bought another NEW Volvo at dealer cost. No way!

Great Wagon
By Mr Mom on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon 4dr Wagon

The sport wagon title has certainly lived up to its name. Very solid feel and the 5 cylinder motor sings like a sewing machine with plenty of power.

Solid security, bad seats, headrests
By Viola on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon 4dr Wagon

Okay, so I opted for the most incredibly safe car for my family. Miami has the worst drivers so there was no option in my mind. On the other hand,I must put up with that ridiculously redesigned solid headrest that juts my head and neck forward. I have had to build up the seat with pillows and supports just to NOT go the the physical therapist! The sound system is minimal but I can hum a happy tune whenever I am thankful after viewing or being in an accident.

The Invisible Wagon
By chauffeur dad on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC 4dr Wagon AWD

Kidproof, great seats, and it swallows up the miles. Huge amount of glass makes defensive driving easy. Cops ignore it. You can speed with abandon!

Best vehicle purchase ever!
By The Oakleys on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

We are very happy with our choice to purchase a Volvo. We LOVE our V70 SE. We were fortunate to get the ultimate treatment when we purchased our Volvo directly from Volvo Intl., and picked it up in Sweden! A one of a kind experience The V70 handles well and has been extremely reliable. It's wonderful to know about all the research that has gone into all the safety features in any Volvo.

transmission klunks
By volvodriver on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon 4dr Wagon

the automatic shift in my car performs poorly. shifting between 2 and 3 cause a klunking sound and creates a kick as the transmission engages into next gear. Volvo has said they don't see any problem, and are unable to re-create it.

Comfort Mobile
By Nel on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon 4dr Wagon

The only car I have ever driven that makes my back feel better instead of worse. Just love it.

A great car
By Jay Grant on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

THis is my 4th Volvo. I have found them to re reliable and the service to be excellent from the dealership, but high priced.

The Best Volvo Car
By diemrtei[ on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

The best Volvo car with fantastic value.