Used 2000 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Volvo Cross Country
By kathy

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC 4dr Wagon AWD

My friends call this car "the limo". Everyone loves to ride in it. Sit in the back to see why this car is so special.

Favorite Features

Heated seats and power everything is the way to go!!!

disappointed
By noluck

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car based on safety and, what i thought, was reliability. It had 63,000 miles on it, one owner. Pretty car, nice to drive, when it ran. The car was in the shop every month. Nothing was less than 1,000 to fix. The ETS was recalled, car completely lost power on the highway. ABS module went, power windows, wiper motors broke, suspension/shocks needed replacement, 2 starters, brakes, had hatch fixed, gas mileage poor. Overall, I owned it for 3 years and it cost me over $4,000 in repairs. Very disappointed.

Favorite Features

Nice looks, felt safe, heavy car

Suggested Improvements

make it more affordable to repair. I would suggest leasing this vehicle, don't own one.

Great experience with 2000 V70 XC
By Banjo

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Few things to mention. Owned it for 24 months, found that a 10 year old Volvo is like a 3 year old domestic. When I buy used I take the following precautions: 1. replaced the oil every 3 months, regardless; air filter every year. 2. always replace the thermostat, battery, and change your antifreeze 3. drive it like its age. this turbo can toss your head back but it is aging. so why f&k with the tranny and engine, capisce? 4. keep her clean, wash it. 5. check engine and other lights are overrated, look into the real problem using a 'european' mechanic. Domestic tech kids should remain in their toyRus sandbox. Volvos and Subarus are easy to fix but use a 'pro'fessional. 6. Read the manual. Ciao

Favorite Features

Solid car. Safe car. Reliable. Fuel efficient with turbo. Spacious and excellent suspension for hauling gear in difficult rural areas. Easy to service (opens like a oyster but learn to read a Chilton manual) Love the sunroof Great air circulation Excellent anti-paint chip design. Nice for long legs

Suggested Improvements

Better windshield quality. Should include Torque set as part of service tools

Safety, Reliability, and Quality - V70 2WD
By michivolvo

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon 4dr Wagon

2000 V70 Wagon. 180,000 miles. The Volvo safety features are its trademark. I never felt uneasy about my family being on the road with any Volvo we've owned. Our non-turbo is no hot-rod, so that reduces some of the parental "worry factor". Besides regular maintenance, most repairs are what one might expect - tie rod ends, brakes, the odd sensor. There's been a surprise or two, but few. Our mechanic says, "These things go forever". It runs like a top. No leaks, no oil burning. Just a solid car, with nice appointments. The build quality is great. 12 salty Michigan winters and no rust, at all. It's no four-wheel drive, but it gets through Michigan winters, just fine.

Favorite Features

Heated seats. Good mileage. Inherent safety features. Interior layout is good, without too many frills.

Car has grown on me
By dadinkc

2000 Volvo V70 Wagon 4dr Wagon

After my wife got a new car, after much deliberation, I decided to sell my 5-series BMW and take her hand-me-down 2000 Volvo wagon. At the time, the decision was driven a practical one - less expensive to own and maintain, more room for a family of 4 and performance in the snow. 2 years later, I couldn't be happier with the decision. It has been reliable and everything I need in a vehicle with the exception of looking cool. Fortunately, I'm way past worrying about looking cool.

Favorite Features

Reliable, sufficient space for a family of 4, impressive acceleration and fuel economy for a wagon, performance in winter and comfortable interior.