2000 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Disappointed
By Louise on 06/02/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 GLT Turbo 4dr Wagon

Very disappointed with the reliability of this car. Have owned 4 Honda's - never a problem. Splurged on this used Volvo (same price as a new Accrord). I have had numerous bulbs go out, lic plate still out - too expensive to fix. Throttle body, sensor, trip computer switch, electric window and remote for key. THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on repairs in one year. Brakes pulsate sometimes when braking and I have had to stand on them twice to stop. SCARY. My next trip to service to deal with. But...I feel safe and that is why I put up with this expense. I commute 60 miles a day down "Blood Alley." It has not left me stranded, I've been able to limp to the shop.

The way it should be.
By socajh on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo V70 GLT Turbo 4dr Wagon

One professional review states that the V70 feels like it's carved out of a solid block of iron. Good, but a solid block of silk is what comes to mind, not iron. This is as true as ever after two years of driving it. Comfort, ride quality, road manners, reliability, and sedan-like convenience are all tens. Performance and handling are everything they need to be, no more, no less. And the brakes are simply astounding.